Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If floyd hadnt fought shane who would he have fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one knows what GBP had on the list. All that stuff was speculation and I think most of it was calculated by them. Like they had Floyd fighting Alveraz & Campbell. Now Alveraz is fighting on the undercard and Nate is fight there other boy Ortiz.

Im also sick of hearing the same crap about who Floyd is fighting. It would be one thing if you guys were fair but you always try to just twist it to fit your argument. The whole time people said he wouldnt fight Shane and now he is but they say he only did it because he's old or he was forced to because of who Pac was fighting. Well wasnt Pac already fighting those guys and you say Floyd still wasnt so what chaged now? Stop hating just to hate.

Again, the guy is fighting Shane and tried to fight Pac. Dont deny that. The fact is that if Pac said yes to the testing then they woulve fought. You can debate all day wether Pac shouldve said yes or not but the fact is that if he had said yes then they would be fighting just like if Shane had said NO then they still wouldnt be fighting and everyone would try to say that Floyd is scared but we see now that its not the case.

I also think you can tell from the very 1st time they were together at the Pro Bowl, to the pressers, to 24/7 that Floyd is not scared of Shane and you can tell that he never was. He may do things for other reasons but fear is not one of them. Its easy to tell that by watching him when he's with Shane. You would be a fool to see him with Shane and think that he is or was scared of Shane or is or was scared of Pac. You know thats not true. he doesnt think those guys can beat him

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
      Now if you like floyd then you like him but, there should be a place some where in your soul that says hey, this is some bullsht... Paulie barely beat diaz... Now i know the fight didn,t come off but what if it had???
      But, it didn't... Don't worry about the what if...

When Shane became available Floyd could of still went through with the Paulie fight. He really could of and he could of done good PPV numbers too with Paulie... But, he chose the biggest threat available. And, that is all that matters...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        No one knows what GBP had on the list. All that stuff was speculation and I think most of it was calculated by them. Like they had Floyd fighting Alveraz & Campbell. Now Alveraz is fighting on the undercard and Nate is fight there other boy Ortiz.

Im also sick of hearing the same crap about who Floyd is fighting. It would be one thing if you guys were fair but you always try to just twist it to fit your argument. The whole time people said he wouldnt fight Shane and now he is but they say he only did it because he's old or he was forced to because of who Pac was fighting. Well wasnt Pac already fighting those guys and you say Floyd still wasnt so what chaged now? Stop hating just to hate.

Again, the guy is fighting Shane and tried to fight Pac. Dont deny that. The fact is that if Pac said yes to the testing then they woulve fought. You can debate all day wether Pac shouldve said yes or not but the fact is that if he had said yes then they would be fighting just like if Shane had said NO then they still wouldnt be fighting and everyone would try to say that Floyd is scared but we see now that its not the case.

I also think you can tell from the very 1st time they were together at the Pro Bowl, to the pressers, to 24/7 that Floyd is not scared of Shane and you can tell that he never was. He may do things for other reasons but fear is not one of them. Its easy to tell that by watching him when he's with Shane. You would be a fool to see him with Shane and think that he is or was scared of Shane or is or was scared of Pac. You know thats not true. he doesnt think those guys can beat him
        Very good post.

To add to this Malignagii was also rumored to fight Pacquiao as well but people forget that.

Also now hes fighting Khan...a GBP fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

You don't think Golden boy talked to MGM about what fight they were going to host?

Comment

Well pac had already locked clottey so yes, very slim pickins... Don,t get me wrong because shane is a challenge but no way is he a prime shane... So if floyd wins everyone will say see, i told you shane was gonna get his ass whooped... Floyd will still be ranked no. 2....

Comment

Well pac had already locked clottey so yes, very slim pickins... Don,t get me wrong because shane is a challenge but no way is he a prime shane... So if floyd wins everyone will say see, i told you shane was gonna get his ass whooped... Floyd will still be ranked no. 2....
              Doesnt matter if he prime or not. Hes a better WW then Clottey who Pac just fought.

When he beats Shane, the Ring will rank him Number 1. Rightfully so IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Very good post.

To add to this Malignagii was also rumored to fight Pacquiao as well but people forget that.

Also now hes fighting Khan...a GBP fighter.
                But, there were no serious discussions either. It was like Floyd-Campbell situation where it was just a rumor...

MGM has no reason to lie. Why would they?

They had a date and a venue set already with MGM on board. That is not what they had for Campbell or Cintron or what Arum had for Pac-Malignaggi.

Comment

Out of curiosity

Can you tell me your top 5 WW rankings?

Comment

All roads go through pacquaio ceil... And the only way floyd get that p4p ranking is that he fight pac and beat him...

Comment

I heard he wanted Matthew Hatton or S. Alvarez(even more than Pacquiao) but HBO money required a better opponent. Mosley seemed right so he took the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X