No announcement yet.

best age to start boxing/when you started

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best age to start boxing/when you started

just wonderin what every1 thought was the best age 2 start or when u personally started boxing

doesnt matter if you have talent.. itll come through..

sport requires.

nerves of steel..
    lots of heart..
    dedication..
    and well.. glassjaw kinda hurts u..

Comment

yeah thats true

Comment

i started about the age of 8 and then stopped at 15 am starting up again soon though. Depends on yourself when you feel ready!

Comment

I started @ 28....I wish I would have started when I was 15.....back then my parents wouldnt let me because I got in too many fights as it was....And they were right in doing so....Now that I am older I have far more discipline than when I was younger and I will make the most of my training noe...I also am taking it much more serious....

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
            I started @ 28....I wish I would have started when I was 15.....back then my parents wouldnt let me because I got in too many fights as it was....And they were right in doing so....Now that I am older I have far more discipline than when I was younger and I will make the most of my training noe...I also am taking it much more serious....
            I'm just starting at 17...wish I started at like 10 or something though. Detroit, do you have any amateur fights yet? How long did it take for you to have your first fight (if you had one) since you first started boxing?

Comment

/

im from middlesbrough ive been training for almost 1 year now for my first amature fight i dont know wen tis going to come cud be monts cud be weeks cud be years

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                I'm just starting at 17...wish I started at like 10 or something though. Detroit, do you have any amateur fights yet? How long did it take for you to have your first fight (if you had one) since you first started boxing?
                No, I havent had any amatuer fights yet....I just started sparring though and have been training 4x per week with a coach for 3 months....I hope to start fighting within a year but ultimately that decision is up to my coach, and how good i can implement what I have been taught....

How about you? have you sparred anyone yet?

Comment

started at 16.
                  should have started at like.. 8. lol

Comment

started at 14 now im 17 and i feel pretty confident

Comment

Working...
                    X