Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the 95/96 Ray Mercer be the heavyweight champ in todays heavyweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the 95/96 Ray Mercer be the heavyweight champ in todays heavyweight division?

Ray Mercer recently lossed to Shannon Briggs, but in the mid 90's he gave Evander Holyfield and Lennox lewis very tough fights, and was unlucky with the decisions he got. the Lennox Lewis fight in particular stands out as a truly great performance of great jabbing, solid chin, and as his nickname says,a merciless mindset. would the Mercer who fought Lewis have beaten Vitali Klitschko, lamon Brewster, john ruiz and Chris Byrd? i would say he would have a pretty damn good chance at all of them. what do you guys think?

Definately would be in contention for the title considering how good he was, I see him beating rahman, and tua easily and maybe even give klitchko a good fight but I dont know about being champ maybe someone like rahman.

Comment

I am not sure. He would have a tough time becoming the undisputed champion, but I can see him taking home a belt or two.

Comment

He would be a contender, but his lack of focus and conditioning would do him in.

45 year old Holmes gave him a lesson

Comment

Originally posted by marvdave
          He would be a contender, but his lack of focus and conditioning would do him in.

45 year old Holmes gave him a lesson
          Holmes was 42.

Comment

it's posible, but in this case for very short time

Comment

Working...
            X