No announcement yet.

The Knick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Knick

Anyone watching this show? This is another excellent show under the radar probably because it's on Cinemax. I've only watched the first 3-4 episodes since HBO was showing the early episodes to promote it so people would order Cinemax.

Anyways, from what I've seen it's dope, definitely going to download the rest of the season.

In New York City in 1900, the Knickerbocker Hospital operates with innovative surgeons, nurses and staff who have to overcome the limitations of the then-current medical understanding and practice, to prevent staggeringly high mortality rates. Dr. John Thackery (partially based on historical figure, William Stewart Halsted[2]), the newly appointed leader of the surgery staff, battles his cocaine and opium addictions with his ambition for medical discovery and his reputation among his peers. Dr. Algernon Edwards, a Harvard-educated, European-trained black surgeon (probably based on the historical Daniel Hale Williams),[3] must fight for respect within the all-white populated hospital, as well as the racially-charged city. While literally struggling to keep the lights on, the hospital attempts to attract a wealthy clientele, without sacrificing quality care

holy crap. sounds and looks. love the plot too and this is show is run by soderberg?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      holy crap. sounds and looks. love the plot too and this is show is run by soderberg?
      Yep. Top-notch show. This should be on HBO but clearly they're ttrying to get people to pick up Cinemax. Dumb decision imo, this would be a smash hit on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Yep. Top-notch show. This should be on HBO but clearly they're ttrying to get people to pick up Cinemax. Dumb decision imo, this would be a smash hit on HBO.
        surprised hbo or showtime didnt pick this up. showtime lost californication, weeds, and dexter. hbo about to lose boardwalk empire.

always been a fan of clive owen. gonna download it right now.

Comment

surprised hbo or showtime didnt pick this up. showtime lost californication, weeds, and dexter. hbo about to lose boardwalk empire.

always been a fan of clive owen. gonna download it right now.
          HBO owns Cinemax. That's why HBO showed the first few channels. Their trying to get Cinemax quality shows to make them more competitive or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            HBO owns Cinemax. That's why HBO showed the first few channels. Their trying to get Cinemax quality shows to make them more competitive or whatever.
            did not know hbo owned cinemax. why not take this show to the main channel while we freaking wait for game of thrones?

this would have been a perfect replacement for boardwalk empire. another historical period piece with blood guts and im assuming sex and nudity?

Comment

I follow this and my 2nd favorite show right now. I've seen all the episodes. Clive Owen is a great actor. Homeland is my favorite show.

Comment

did not know hbo owned cinemax. why not take this show to the main channel while we freaking wait for game of thrones?

this would have been a perfect replacement for boardwalk empire. another historical period piece with blood guts and im assuming sex and nudity?
                And drugs!!! A time when cocaine, heroine, opium, etc where perfectly legal and used for everything from complex surgery to the common cold! Nothing like taking a stoll down to Chinatown, ssmoking some opium with a Chinese sex slave. Ahh sweet magical times indeed.

I agree this woul be a perfect time for it on HBO. They must be making a serious push to promote Cinemax to put a quality show llike this on there.

Comment

I'm three shows in. It's really good stuff. The topic and people attached to it had me in from the start.

Comment

I'm gonna have to check it out.Seen some commercials but never
                    caught my eye.

Comment

Working...
                    X