No announcement yet.

More impressive: 48-0 streak Larry Holmes or 43-0 Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
    Holmes and it ain't even close. Sheeid Holmes got robbed against Spinks twice WITH a bad hand. And he NEVER cherry picked.
    Holmes didn't get robbed in any of the Spinks fights. I scored both fights for Spinks by 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      He was actually 89-0-1-77 before he had the misfortune of running into Frankie Randall, but we must also understand how many Tijuana cab drivers that were part of Julio's record as well.
      well that was still impresive

Comment

Chavez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Floyd/Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Chavez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Floyd/Holmes.
          Make a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
            well that was still impresive
            His record for beating up cab drivers is very impressive indeed.

Comment

Id ha e to go with Holmes simply because it is the heavyweight division. Like the TS said "it only takes one". His risk fight by fight was much higher. Most of Floyd's fights i expected him to win beyond the shadow of a doubt. Even though big Larry could box he often got into fierce fire fights and to make it 48 fights without a loss is amazing to me.

Comment

imho holmes in his prime is the best hw ive seen in my lifetime, floyd is the best lightweight although people wil say he only had a few fights at that weight watch them. duran was a hero of mine but imo floyd wudda boxed his head off. on activity id say holmes 48 edges it

Comment

Originally posted by engleby View Post
                  imho holmes in his prime is the best hw ive seen in my lifetime, floyd is the best lightweight although people wil say he only had a few fights at that weight watch them. duran was a hero of mine but imo floyd wudda boxed his head off. on activity id say holmes 48 edges it
                  1-1 against castillo and 2 wins against bums(looked terrible against sosa). total fantasy reach.

Comment

chris john's 48-0 is clearly better than both.

Comment

Moving up in weight while being carefully matched or fighting and beating the very best opponents in your weight class?

It's not a difficult choice, mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X