Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters call movement(boxing off of the backfoot)running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    agreed am I the only fan left who enjoys a great tactical boxing match as much as an old fashioned brawl? its like a chess match on roids to me i love when a boxer needs to use his brain to get inside with success and so on. they call it the sweet science for a reason and not because two un talented brawlers exchange the whole fight with no defense
    When I'm lazily watching boxing, meaning unfocused on the techniques and tactics, brawls become more acceptable to me.

My favorite matches tend to be the master boxer versus someone with a more aggressive style. There's always a bunch of crying when the offensive machine with all his power gets his @ss kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Damn great defense..Baldo didnt land one punch in this sequence
      How can you land a punch when your opponent is running?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        When I'm lazily watching boxing, meaning unfocused on the techniques and tactics, brawls become more acceptable to me.

My favorite matches tend to be the master boxer versus someone with a more aggressive style. There's always a bunch of crying when the offensive machine with all his power gets his @ss kicked.
        My favorite matches are master boxer vs master boxer. I can sleep soundly while watching them running away from each other and waiting one another who will punch first.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

church!!!

Comment

Movements is different from just going backwards without doin anything. If your movin backwards and only throwing 1 punch at a time that's not called fighting off the backfoot that's called your trying to buy some time to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer.exposed View Post
              How can you land a punch when your opponent is running?
              Floyd stood on the damn ropes and Baldo missed 6 shots in a row...

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                Movements is different from just going backwards without doin anything. If your movin backwards and only throwing 1 punch at a time that's not called fighting off the backfoot that's called your trying to buy some time to survive.
                not true at all,you can move backwards and be landing jabs or making your opponent RUN HEAD FIRST INTO A COUNTER RIGHT HAND.....

Comment

not true at all,you can move backwards and be landing jabs or making your opponent RUN HEAD FIRST INTO A COUNTER RIGHT HAND.....
                  If your going backward and only throwing a jab out there that's not called fighting off the Backfoot. That's just u buying time trying to survive the round. Example what cotto usually do during the mid-last rounds. If your fighting off your Backfoot u gotta be throwing just as much as if u're going forward. What I notice with some of u guys is that when a fighter does this and It happens to be a fighter u dislike u guys go and say he's running but when its your fav fighter doing it u called that fighting off the backfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    If your going backward and only throwing a jab out there that's not called fighting off the Backfoot. That's just u buying time trying to survive the round. Example what cotto usually do during the mid-last rounds. If your fighting off your Backfoot u gotta be throwing just as much as if u're going forward. What I notice with some of u guys is that when a fighter does this and It happens to be a fighter u dislike u guys go and say he's running but when its your fav fighter doing it u called that fighting off the backfoot.
                    no it is not,you can be setting up a trap and making the opposing fighter get inpatient and reckless...running is what khan did against peterson when he ran around the entire ring..you do not have to be throwing alot of punches in a boxing match period,you throw good educated punches at the right time,thats how you fight off of the backfoot

Comment

no it is not,you can be setting up a trap and making the opposing fighter get inpatient and reckless...running is what khan did against peterson when he ran around the entire ring..you do not have to be throwing alot of punches in a boxing match period,you throw good educated punches at the right time,thats how you fight off of the backfoot
                      I agree if your doing that to set up a counter but most of the time that's not the case. Most of the time it's just a fighter going backward because his opponent is pressuring him. Then u guys come on here talking about he was fighting off his backfoot. If he's fighting off his backfoot he better be landing and dropping his opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X