Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evangelista Praises Cotto, Wants Him To Face Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evangelista Praises Cotto, Wants Him To Face Chavez Jr.

The uncle and former trainer of WBA junior middleweight Miguel Cotto, Evangelista Cotto, said the key to his nephew's victory over Antonio Margarito was staying away from the ropes. In July 2008, when Evangelista was still the head trainer, Margarito stopped Cotto in eleven rounds. The uncle and nephew had a bad falling out in 2009, which led to a physical confrontation at a gym in Puerto Rico. Evangelista went to the hospital with injuries related to their brawl.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice to see that it's not all bad blood between them, I guess.....

Comment

No Evangelista, it was because your Puerto Rican ass was too lazy to send someone over to witness the hand wrapping for the first fight.

Comment

evangelista showing class.............props

Comment

Originally posted by *El Prieto* View Post
          No Evangelista, it was because your Puerto Rican ass was too lazy to send someone over to witness the hand wrapping for the first fight.
          Truth. This man wins this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by *El Prieto* View Post

Comment

i think that Cotto should not go to 160 , its too much for him if its a catch-weight i think 156 is max , even tho i know Cotto can beat him ,Chavez Jr is younger but he has fought no one and Cotto would be hes first real Challenge

Comment

I know I'm going to get ****ted on for saying this but I think Cotto should return to WW and take the winner of Ortiz/Berto II.

I just think Miguel is too small for JMW. He did GREAT against Margarito, but there are too many natural JMW to contend with i.e Kirkland...

Comment

You have to read between the line to see that his "ego" is wounded. What he really wanted to say is.... I see no improvement, he fought just like a thought him... the difference is that this time he kept away from the ropes. LOL

Comment

i hope cotto turns it down. his uncle us trying to get him hurt and back at him from their altercation.chavez is sorry as hell but he's young,big,and strong. arum just trying to make chavez loook good by beating a big name but the big name fighter is smaller.chavez sissy ass should fight in his own division.

Comment

Working...
                    X