No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Struggles, But Decisions Jorge Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Struggles, But Decisions Jorge Silva

Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California - In his second fight of the year, junior middleweight contender Alfredo Angulo (22-2, 18KOs) had a much tougher time than expected in winning a ten round unanimous decision over Jorge Silva (19-3, 15KOs). All three judges scored it 97-93.

[Click Here To Read More]

Jorge Silva is a f**king hero!

It's a shame he stopped his early assault, I think he had Angulo hurt.

Comment

Silva definitely gets the fan nod. Definitely had me rooting for him.

Angulo proved nothing, except that he can win a 10 round UD against a smaller no-name. Good job, Alfreddy!

Comment

Silva is a ****ing tank

Comment

Like I said before angulo is nothing special I think Gbp will feed him to Canelo now props to silva if he was a true 154 pounder he would have finished angulo off

Comment

Silva is only 20 years old. I hope that fight didn't ruin him.

Comment

Angulo looked like shlt. Hunter is a horrible trainer

Comment

angulo is a f0cking bum...

Comment

GBP should not be rushing Angulo like they did to Kirkland. These tune ups could end up being upsets. from his record that kid had some punching power as well. It is too soon to criticize Virgil Hunter's work with Angulo and that kid Silva could become a better contender if properly train as well. I noticed he is trained by Erik Morales' dad.

Comment

That right hand Wilder landed was MONSTROUS. Price is no world beater but he's fringe contender level, he was undefeated and had a win over Tor Hamer. Wilder's developed his left hand very well since he first started, his jab was sharp tonight, and he's become much more patient. And surprisingly, he instinctively seemed to handle being clinched well and did decently inside.

I think it's time for Wilder to face someone like Banks, Mitchell etc. A fight between Jennings and Wilder would be great. Not to mention, there's another Philly fighter who I consider to be one of if not THE best kept secret in the heavyweight division. And that's Malik Scott. He's not a big puncher, but he had a tremendous amateur career, and is arguably one of the most talented fighters in the division, he's 6'4" with a great jab, fast hands and great boxing skills and is good defensively. Anyway, really solid performance from Wilder against an awkward fringe level fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X