Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the boxing history section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some good fights i could watch on youtube please.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Marco Antonio Barrera vs Agapito Sanchez (One of my favs, not sure if it's on YT)
      Oscar De La Hoya vs Fernando Vargas
      Jack Dempsey vs Jess Willard
      Dempsey vs Carpentier
      Hamed vs Kelly
      Frazier vs Ali I

It really depends on what kind of fighters you like.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Marco Antonio Barrera vs Agapito Sanchez (One of my favs, not sure if it's on YT)
        Oscar De La Hoya vs Fernando Vargas
        Jack Dempsey vs Jess Willard
        Dempsey vs Carpentier
        Hamed vs Kelly
        Frazier vs Ali I

It really depends on what kind of fighters you like.
        Ive seen Oscar Vargas,Hamed Kelly and Frazier Ali. Thanks for the suggestions ill check those other fights out.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          How about CARMEN BASILIO Vs TONY De MARCO II...... both were awesome but the second fight is spectacular,... it's a good place to start with,,,, no too old, a television coverage Like the Rocky Marciano Vs Jersey Joe Walcott I film......... then you can go further back.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            im a young gun too

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Same here...

Comment

Honestly I prefer to talk about current boxing than the past. But I couldn't handle sorting through all the garbage in NSB. I've been following the game for a long time now and can skate on my memory for recent times. The old stuff I used to study before there was an internet or even VCR's. Usually I pass on debates arguing about someone from 100 years ago fighting a recent or current boxer. I don't see the point and usually you can't prove anything by their records. I don't know if Ty Cobb would hit .400 now either.

I will add that reading this thread I've been impressed at how young some of the more talented contributors here are. There will always be guys who fight to make money. IMO, it's just as important to keep bringing in younger fans to put money into boxing and perpetuate the interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Honestly I prefer to talk about current boxing than the past. But I couldn't handle sorting through all the garbage in NSB. I've been following the game for a long time now and can skate on my memory for recent times. The old stuff I used to study before there was an internet or even VCR's. Usually I pass on debates arguing about someone from 100 years ago fighting a recent or current boxer. I don't see the point and usually you can't prove anything by their records. I don't know if Ty Cobb would hit .400 now either.

I will add that reading this thread I've been impressed at how young some of the more talented contributors here are. There will always be guys who fight to make money. IMO, it's just as important to keep bringing in younger fans to put money into boxing and perpetuate the interest in it.
                  I agree.

I just can't believe how young some of the posters in this section are after reading this thread.

Comment

Pssh I was a localamateur superstar by the time I was 16and 18. I was 88-7-3 when I turned pro.
                    Im a 23 pro who will probably be a local club fighter til I'm 40 lol. Too bad too. I got a 34 on my ACT

And surgeon I'm married but my balls don't get busted. My wife loves boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      Same here...
                      shittttttttttt you had me fooled!

I'm 20 in a week, only been watching the sport (as a real dedicated fan) since September of 2009 but I'm making up for lost time. I watch at least two fights a day. I'll be honest, I've talked outta my ass a few times, but most of the time I know pretty well what I'm talking about. I have a pretty decent sized library on my hard drive (only so much space though) and a lot more on youtube.

Comment

Working...
                      X