Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEQJ...eature=related

..the striking part...

dont listen to ANYTHING this guy is saying lol.

Comment

Although Bas Rutten is a legend in Pancrase and MMA, do not listen to this if you want to learn proper boxing technique.

Comment

he is talking offence and offence only, he does not consider defence youl understand if you box?

Comment

He's mostly talking about mma, in mma you need a wider stance because there are takedowns involved, and if you stand sideways like some boxers do you will get taken down easily.

Personally i prefer a wider stance for boxing, it gives me more balance.

The thing i don't like about Bas's stance in that video is that his two feets are in a straight line.

Comment

"he does not consider defence youl understand if you box?"

you mean while throwing a punch? he has defense video as well on yt...

"and if you stand sideways like some boxers do you will get taken down easily."

well why do you train boxing? to score points in a fight or for a self defense?

"The thing i don't like about Bas's stance in that video is that his two feets are in a straight line."

makes sense when he talks about the sprinters....but if you notice he actually points rear foot slightly out when he's talking about other stuff.

Another thing. In my boxing gym a good boxer and coach were demonstrating how to do a left hook-right hook combo and well the boxer didn't pivot on his front foot...

Comment

Working...
            X