Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fight Night 4 worth getting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the input guys...think thats prety cool that u have too p-wol's an 2 floyds..do they have different attire

also when you win a belt in career mode do u actually carry a belt or is it just like a moniker

also what is the arena situation..there isnt burger king written all over the canvas again is there

Comment

Originally posted by san iker View Post
      thanks for the input guys...think thats prety cool that u have too p-wol's an 2 floyds..do they have different attire

also when you win a belt in career mode do u actually carry a belt or is it just like a moniker

also what is the arena situation..there isnt burger king written all over the canvas again is there
      Your corner guys carry your belts when you enter the ring. No burger king this year. The arena's are ok but could be a lot better imo.

Comment

The graphics are smoother than the PS3 and XBOX360 versions of FNR3...which were 30 fps, FNR3 PS2 and XBox were smoother.

Graphics are terrific, the models, trunks, gloves and mouthpieces and even robes are customizable.

When creating a fighter, if your last name happens to be in a list that is presented, you can pick it and the announcer will announce your last name when introducing you before the fight. It's cool as hell.

Some people might say the graphics look a bit cartoony, and in comparison to FNR3, it might. FNR3 is photo-realistic, but it doesn't make Fight Night Round 4 any less impressive visually.

The knockdowns are terrific and so are the replays. Of course, there comes a point where you get bored of the same knockdowns, but that's only AFTER you've put in SEVERAL (and I mean SEVERAL hours) into the game. The knockdowns are much, much more entertaining than the ones in FNR3.

Getting up requires skill this time. The first one's a freebie, the second time requires a little effort, the third requires skill, and the getting up a fourth time requires pure steadiness with the analog sticks...if you get knocked down a fifth time, forget it. You WILL NOT be able to get up despite the game allowing you a chance. It's cool, adds drama if you're playing with a friend. However, I think the first Fight Night game was better when getting up from a knockdown. It allowed you to get up more times, even if it did get harder each time. Here, it gets harder, but at a certain point, it's just flat-out impossible to get up a fifth time.

After you get used to playing the game, you might want to try your chance at playing on G.O.A.T difficulty...learn to loathe the CPU when you flick a simple jab and the opponent does a lightning fast block, counters with straight right and puts you on queer street instantly...

The game allows for outside fighting and inside fighting, but there isn't a WORLD of difference in either two. Depending on the style you pick for your CAB, it gives you some specific statistical boosts before assigning points to each one of their attributes. For example, if you make a boxer who stands in a Sniper stance, he'll have more points assigned to Accuracy compared to one who has a Steady stance, etc.

Which brings me to my next point, there are more stances this time and more attributes, too. Before, there were eight: Power, Speed, Chin, Heart, Body, Cuts, Stamina, Agility.

Now you have all of the above PLUS: Punch Accuracy, Head Toughness (what's the difference compared to chin????), Body toughness, Swelling, Left Hand Power, Right Hand power and........I think that's it.

The arenas are more numerous than FNR3. FNR3's venues were very limited, this one has Mexico City Plaza, Aragon Ballroom, State Palace Theather, New York, Thomas and Mack, MGM Grand, Staples Center, Philippines, Windy City Boxing Gym, Another gym....etc, etc.

The game's great...

Comment

If you live in new jersey I'll sell you my copy for 12 bucks. Or could I get more money from gamestop? I don't even play my copy anymore, I don't really like the analog or button control schemes. I think fnr3 had better analog and button controls but I like the boxers more in fnr4. I just don't really play the game much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
            The graphics are smoother than the PS3 and XBOX360 versions of FNR3...which were 30 fps, FNR3 PS2 and XBox were smoother.

Graphics are terrific, the models, trunks, gloves and mouthpieces and even robes are customizable.

When creating a fighter, if your last name happens to be in a list that is presented, you can pick it and the announcer will announce your last name when introducing you before the fight. It's cool as hell.

Some people might say the graphics look a bit cartoony, and in comparison to FNR3, it might. FNR3 is photo-realistic, but it doesn't make Fight Night Round 4 any less impressive visually.

The knockdowns are terrific and so are the replays. Of course, there comes a point where you get bored of the same knockdowns, but that's only AFTER you've put in SEVERAL (and I mean SEVERAL hours) into the game. The knockdowns are much, much more entertaining than the ones in FNR3.

Getting up requires skill this time. The first one's a freebie, the second time requires a little effort, the third requires skill, and the getting up a fourth time requires pure steadiness with the analog sticks...if you get knocked down a fifth time, forget it. You WILL NOT be able to get up despite the game allowing you a chance. It's cool, adds drama if you're playing with a friend. However, I think the first Fight Night game was better when getting up from a knockdown. It allowed you to get up more times, even if it did get harder each time. Here, it gets harder, but at a certain point, it's just flat-out impossible to get up a fifth time.

After you get used to playing the game, you might want to try your chance at playing on G.O.A.T difficulty...learn to loathe the CPU when you flick a simple jab and the opponent does a lightning fast block, counters with straight right and puts you on queer street instantly...

The game allows for outside fighting and inside fighting, but there isn't a WORLD of difference in either two. Depending on the style you pick for your CAB, it gives you some specific statistical boosts before assigning points to each one of their attributes. For example, if you make a boxer who stands in a Sniper stance, he'll have more points assigned to Accuracy compared to one who has a Steady stance, etc.

Which brings me to my next point, there are more stances this time and more attributes, too. Before, there were eight: Power, Speed, Chin, Heart, Body, Cuts, Stamina, Agility.

Now you have all of the above PLUS: Punch Accuracy, Head Toughness (what's the difference compared to chin????), Body toughness, Swelling, Left Hand Power, Right Hand power and........I think that's it.

The arenas are more numerous than FNR3. FNR3's venues were very limited, this one has Mexico City Plaza, Aragon Ballroom, State Palace Theather, New York, Thomas and Mack, MGM Grand, Staples Center, Philippines, Windy City Boxing Gym, Another gym....etc, etc.

The game's great...
            lol great post thanks buddy

good to see the detail in the stats they ave enforced...was watchin a video of the producers breaking down the middleweights and seen all the different atrbutes...nice to see that its gets harder with every kd....WOW nice to see they have included MGM Grand in the areas the staples always looks cool and the thomas an mack is sweet

no mate i live in uk unfortunatey

Comment

great game, no doubt worth getting if u have a console already. if u dont its a hard decision, i decided not to. now a friend of mine wants to sell me his xbox360 so he can get a PS3, im thinking real hard about it.

anyone know if 140 bucks is a good deal for a used xbox 360 with like 5-6 games?

Comment

hell yeh !!

lol in all honesty it does sound a good deal

Comment

I don' like it. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    great game, no doubt worth getting if u have a console already. if u dont its a hard decision, i decided not to. now a friend of mine wants to sell me his xbox360 so he can get a PS3, im thinking real hard about it.

anyone know if 140 bucks is a good deal for a used xbox 360 with like 5-6 games?
                    console AND a handful of games for $140? take that that ****, man.

Comment

what games are they?

Also, fight night 4 is great, get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X