No announcement yet.

Is pacquiao a Pressure Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    don't you mean all swarmers are pressure fighters but not all pressure fighters are swarmers?
    no, i meant it as i said it. there are swarmers who are legit pressure fighters then there are others who arent. pac isnt imo. but hes definitely a swarmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      I think PAC is a lot like Duran..They are skilled pressure fighters..
      I agree with you Duran was a skilled pressure fighter. I wouldnt put Pac in that same category.

Comment

he is whats called a boxer/puncher he can apply pressure when needed and use his feet effectively

Comment

Originally posted by Second Best View Post
          I agree with you Duran was a skilled pressure fighter. I wouldnt put Pac in that same category.
          Neither of umm seem to like fighting going backwards..Pac does go in and out..But it's to reset so he can move forward again..Pac is a skilled pressure fighter imo..But he has better foot movement and ring I.Q.then most pressure fighters we are use to seeing...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Neither of umm seem to like fighting going backwards..Pac does go in and out..But it's to reset so he can move forward again..Pac is a skilled pressure fighter imo..But he has better foot movement and ring I.Q.then most pressure fighters we are use to seeing...
            Rule #1 of pressure fighting is cutting off the ring. Pacman cannot even do that. Pacman has better footwork than the average face 1st brawler, but box & move & you've got a confused fighter to deal with.

Comment

He was at some point, but not anymore. Stopped after the Margarito fight. It's either that or just the fact that his opponents keep running away from him (Bradley, Mosley) and that Marquez whoops him hand 2 hand.

Comment

He used to be, but as his style has evolved moving up he has become less and less of a pressure fighter. He's pretty much a very unique boxer puncher now, looking for openings to counter.

Comment

I wouldn't call Manny a boxer/puncher he is more of a puncher with slight boxing mixed in.

Comment

Paq is just like most figthers. It's clear that he likes it when his opponent is the one exerting pressure.

He becomes a pressure fighter when he smells fear and his opponent starts showing respect. Truth is, he panics when this happens because he's all alone in the entertainment department. He got countered heavily in the JMM3 and paid a price for it. He stopped doing it in the Bradly fight, which was a big mistake. JMM is not Bradly. Paq should have done the reverse.

Comment

Pacman forces the action so he can be called a pressure guy but he also uses his boxing skills to apply pressure. Most old school pressure fighters were steppers and worked underneath their opponents punches, he doesn't work that way. Does he apply the majority of the pressure to fight in his bouts? Yes he does, so he could be refered to as a pressure fighter. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X