Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which heavyweight champion had the best record in history and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which heavyweight champion had the best record in history and why?

Who had the best record out there in the heavyweight division of all time?
    Muhammad ali
    Lennox lewis
    rocky marciano
    larry holmes

any others everyone?

Originally posted by The_One77
    Who had the best record out there in the heavyweight division of all time?
    Muhammad ali
    Lennox lewis
    rocky marciano
    larry holmes

any others everyone?
    george foreman
    mike tyson(with rooney)
    holyfield aswell

Comment

Depends on what you mean by record. Along with the other fighters listed Joe Louis had a great record.

Comment

as far as competition faced, Ali has to be at the top

Comment

Ali then Lewis for me

Comment

marciano because he was undefeated champ and no-one else has done that yet and it will be a long time before it is repeated

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
              george foreman
              mike tyson(with rooney)
              holyfield aswell
              Holyfield?

No.

Comment

Holyfield did have a great record at one time before he got old. But he did fight after the aging process and hurt his legacy.

boxstarr is right about Marciano. Only HW Champ in History to do that.

Lennox fought all the greats of his day and won (or got a rematch and won).

Ali fought after his prime too, hurting his legacy IMO. Just because you say you are the greatest, doesn't make it so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambria
                  Just because you say you are the greatest, doesn't make it so.
                  "I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest." -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Cambria
                    Holyfield did have a great record at one time before he got old. But he did fight after the aging process and hurt his legacy.

boxstarr is right about Marciano. Only HW Champ in History to do that.

Lennox fought all the greats of his day and won (or got a rematch and won).

Ali fought after his prime too, hurting his legacy IMO. Just because you say you are the greatest, doesn't make it so.
                    I can easily support Marciano's as the best record. He went undefeated though once he got to the big stage he didn't stay long and retired with several young contenders nipping at his ankles.

Holy's record isn't nearly as distinguished. He had a trilogy with Ruiz and a set with both Bowe and Lewis of which he dominated none.

RUIZ MAN! Hell no.

Comment

Working...
                    X