Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's purse for the Marquez fight only 6 mil? According to this email it was.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's purse for the Marquez fight only 6 mil? According to this email it was.

This is straight from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. For all you doubting Thomas', you can email them directly at boxing@boxing.nv.gov. Fighter salaries are available to the public in the state of Nevada.

Some of you already knew this, but Pac's purse was only 6 million (this doesn't include ppv revenue). What's surprising is Marquez made 5 million. Why is Arum shitting all over Pacquiao and ripping him off?

Just for comparison, I've included Floyd Mayweather's purse from the Ortiz fight. Mayweather's purse was 25 million (again not including ppv revenue) and he's only slightly more popular than Pacquiao. What gives?

This is why I found it strange that people were shocked at Pacquiao accepting less money. He's used to getting ripped off. Below are screenshots of my personal email.

These are gate numbers and salaries for Pacquiao vs Marquez

These are gate numbers for Mayweather vs Ortiz and the below is an attachment with the fighter salaries.

If i'm reading correctly where it says net managers share or whatever, for Floyd, it says 6,600,000, 18something million...Does that mean that Floyd made 18 something million after paying his manager? Which I think it's Al Haymon.

And damn, Pacquiao only making 6 mill. Floyd made like 15mill for Marquez.

Why will "Pacquiao fans" defend Arum in this situation? I don't know, it's weird that they are Pacquiao fans but they defend what Bob Arum is doing with Pac's money.

Comment

somebody getting robbed

Comment

Like I was telling people in regards to Manny "accepting" less money to fight Mayweather...he wasn't going to make as much as Floyd would anyways. Why? Because Arum is all in his pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
          This is straight from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. For all you doubting Thomas', you can email them directly at boxing@boxing.nv.gov. Fighter salaries are available to the public in the state of Nevada.

Some of you already knew this, but Pac's purse was only 6 million (this doesn't include ppv revenue). What's surprising is Marquez made 5 million. Why is Arum shitting all over Pacquiao and ripping him off?

Just for comparison, I've included Floyd Mayweather's purse from the Ortiz fight. Mayweather's purse was 25 million (again not including ppv revenue) and he's only slightly more popular than Pacquiao. What gives?

This is why I found it strange that people were shocked at Pacquiao accepting less money. He's used to getting ripped off. Below are screenshots of my personal email.

These are gate numbers and salaries for Pacquiao vs Marquez

These are gate numbers for Mayweather vs Ortiz and the below is an attachment with the fighter salaries.

Those pics are clearly fake and they have been photoshopped...I'm not dumb.

Comment

A few other things i'm curious to know about.

1. Where it says manager's signature in Floyd's section, can any one make out who signed that?

2. Morales got $350k, then it says sanctioning fee: $15k, fed tax: $105,000, net contestants share: $104,000, net managers share: $20,000= $84,950. Does this mean that out of the $350k, Morales only made $84k at the end of the day?

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
              Those pics are clearly fake and they have been photoshopped...I'm not dumb.

Comment

Here comes Gino Ros in 5...4...3...2...1..

Comment

This has been discussed before by Reed, but now looking at this, people should really consider when a fighter is asking for more money. Not just say something like "Oh 500k isn't enough for him?" or "1Mill will be his biggest pay day to date, he should take that pay day". I already knew this, but with seeing Morales a guy who is a legend in the sport and has paid his dues for big pay days, getting so much taken out of his decent pay check...imagine less proven fighters who get these seemingly big pay days, they probably gotta give up even more than Morales.

Comment

Al haymon making more then Pac hahaha. And Jessie Vargas is getting paid on par to that of a top UFC fighter.
                    Last edited by Come∂ian; 12-20-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X