Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the beef with Amir Khan and Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's probably jealous of Khan's relationship to a famous Mexican rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
      Well you should be mad, I know there are people out there who work less than you and earn 10000 times more than you.

Froch is jealous. Khan is right that JWW is tougher than SMW. SMW only just grew... it was not even a division that many really stopped at.

Yes I agree Khan became super famous after the silver in the Olympics, but they billed it as a 17 year old who was the ONLY boxer entered in the 2004 Olympics and he was going against a veteran for the Gold. It of course did sell.

Khan made a lot of money, and who the **** wouldn't do the same given the opportunity? His dad was a mini cab driver, Khan at least did something and went for it.

Khan has a crap chin but is still exciting and has been in good fights. Froch is exciting and blessed with a great chin. Froch started late in his career, and many did not like him because he kept calling out Joe Calzaghe when he was a nobody.
      SMW is by far the more competitive division.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        SMW is by far the more competitive division.
        Perhaps now since a lot have moved to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          he was his closest rival?

At the time Hopkins had finally started fighting the big names, shot they were but still the big names. At the same time Carl Froch was an absolute nobody. Hell if even now he's not a household name in the UK, imagine what it was like then?

Of course Froch wanted that fight, that would have been a good fight and a great chance to launch onto the scene but it was just quite simple not worth it for Calzaghe.

Calzaghe beats him and it's ''oh it's just another euro bum'' and if Froch beat him he'd have lost his 0. Not worth it at all for Joe.

He sure didn't sugar coat it but it would have been nice if Froch gave a helping hand to his fellow brit fighter who at the time must have been like 20-21 years old rather than kick him whilst he's down.

OF COURSE the majority of the boxing fans were thinking he had a glass jaw after Breidis, so were the general public but the right thing for him to do would have been to offer a helping hand to a young, fellow brit who had just been brutally KO'd. Leave the public to hate on Khan, you as a fellow fighter and no chance of being his rival should have offered him a helping hand. Khan was a 20 year old kid at the time.

Not sure about the Haye thing, but im sure i can remember him saying something. **** knows what though. I dont care enough to look for it either.
          Froch was rated in the top 10 of all governing bodies, Calzaghe was the obvious choice for Froch to target being a fellow Brit. The fight would have made a lot more sense than the Manfredo fight that Calzaghe chose.

Comment

Froch likes the pull out the 'cold truth' card, but then thinks his fight with Ward was 'very, very close' and won't entertain the idea of rematching him cause he's thinks the fight was 'boring.'

Froch should just stick to fighting all comers instead of talking, cause his bitterness and frustration becomes all too evident. Makes him look like a gobshite. He don't need to worry about what Khan's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk. View Post
              Froch likes the pull out the 'cold truth' card, but then thinks his fight with Ward was 'very, very close' and won't entertain the idea of rematching him cause he's thinks the fight was 'boring.'

Froch should just stick to fighting all comers instead of talking, cause his bitterness and frustration becomes all too evident. Makes him look like a gobshite. He don't need to worry about what Khan's doing.
              Froch did start it but Khan has also had something bad to say about every Froch fight since. Khan also started talking **** about Calzaghe after he mentioned Khan's chin.

Comment

Froch was rated in the top 10 of all governing bodies, Calzaghe was the obvious choice for Froch to target being a fellow Brit. The fight would have made a lot more sense than the Manfredo fight that Calzaghe chose.
                No it wouldn't have.

Manfredo at the time was a MUCH bigger name than Froch in America.

Manfredo had been on The Contender and whilst he was no superstar, he was still a bigger name than Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  No it wouldn't have.

Manfredo at the time was a MUCH bigger name than Froch in America.

Manfredo had been on The Contender and whilst he was no superstar, he was still a bigger name than Froch.
                  The fight wasn't in America and Calzaghe had never been bothered about the American fans before.

Comment

I know if I took a bad defeat, I would walk through fire to get back at the guy. I wouldn't let it go like that, no way. But that's me.
                    Oh really?

Whilst it was no KO, it certainly was a bad defeat as he was totally outclassed.

Dont see him walking through fire to get back at Ward for some reason?

The fight was ''boring'' and he doesn't want to fight him again

Comment

The fight wasn't in America and Calzaghe had never been bothered about the American fans before.
                      well Calzaghe was quite clearly trying to add some names to his resume at the time and Manfredo whilst he was no ATG, was certainly at the time a better option than Froch.

And dont come back with your hindsight expertise that Froch would go on to become a P4P top fighter years later. At the time no one knew who he was nevermind know that he would come back to build a great career for himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X