No announcement yet.

Any Decent Boxer/Puncher Like Alexander Beats Garcia All Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    In boxing, with success comes the haters. But it's a different kind of hate with guys who are undefeated. Here come the list of fighters who could beat Garcia, and with that, the accusations of ducking will come.

Morales, Khan, Holt, Campbell, decent wins Theopane, Arnoutis.

Ring/WBC/WBA champion, undefeated.

Pretty good resume/accomplishments for a 24 year old. I can definitely see why the critics are coming out now. Success.

garcia the fighter is growing on me

he wont be the last guy i'm wrong about. i thought khan was going to roll right over him.

the kid has courage under fire. you dont teach that. he behaves like a seasoned pro at 24 with few fights. you dont teach that either.

nice chin on him, solid power (enough to get respect and hurt a guy,) finishing instincts, decent technician with the left hook (his dad's got to teach him how to throw a right hand straight, but that will come,) decent timing, and he sets smart pace.

his dad, as much of a bonehead as he is, knows how to train a boxer. garcia is pretty damn good, actually.

khan looked like the newbie and garcia behaved like the seasoned pro.

Roach is a great trainer. not a good one, a great one. that being said, i think that khan will change trainers or head back to ariza. he'll also head to WW. they'll look for something or somebody to blame to help amir's confidence, even if it's amir's merit's as a fighter and his limits that are really causing his shortcomings.

one thing is damn sure, khan's days as a "potential star" are over.

Comment

Garcia is like Bradley. He does everything very good, solid, but does nothing special. Garcia is really really tough though. He is really determined, and you can't go to war with him. If you try to trade with him, it's not that he'll knock you out, it's that he has these short winging punches that from the outside looking in you would say "Oh he can be countered with straight punches". But the thing is look how he keeps his elbows tucked into his ribs, and his gloves close to his face to protect him from this. Garcia doesn't have the wins he has for being reckless and average. He knows exactly what he's doing and why he does it, and how to protect from getting countered from it.

I think people are looking too much in to Khan's success against Garcia in the first two rounds. Holt clearly won the first two rounds against Garcia, before Garcia swept the rest. Morales if I remember correctly, won the first two rounds also and seemed to be schooling Garcia. Then he picked it up and adjusted. It's not that Khan just became worse after round 2, it's that Garcia picked it up, adjusted, and knocked Khan out. Khan couldn't do anything else. He only has one style, and if that doesn't work, he's done for the fight, he'll start fleeing away from his opponent. He did the same thing with Peterson with his Ronald McDonald trunks, luckily Peterson couldn't punch hard to save his life but Garcia definitely did hit Khan with some well-placed, well-timed and hard punches.

Comment

Agreed.....

Comment

When fans start saying "well so-and-so could easily beat this guy", you know you're doing something right lol. Garcia is officially one of my favorite young fighters, however flawed and vulnerable he may be.

Comment

Lucas would ko Garcia in 5 rounds....
            Garcia should enjoy it while it lasts as the 140 boys are not all hot heads like Khan....

Comment

I would love to see this fight in the future..Not right now..Garcia is in a hot div right now,with plenty of very good fighters to make money with...Alexander is a WW now and he has fights to be made as well...But I hope to see this fight in the future..

Comment

What I do know is Alexander's trainer, Kevin Cunningham out of St. Louis would be a great trainer for Amir Khan.

Comment

Doesn't matter how many can beat Garcia. Dude is making the best of it with his seemingly limited skills. He knows how to win and is getting it done, ala Malignaggi in a sense. He'll probably lose to the top dogs in the sport, but no shame in that. He's young, hungry and can take it. He's better than he seems. I'm never super impressed with him but he keeps winning. Cant hate on that. His dad is a d ick though lol.

Comment

cesar rene cuenca is the real king of 140, we all know this. 43-0 baby!

Comment

Alexander is getting overrated. Devon should have three L's on his record.

Comment

Working...
                      X