Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Chris John Dispute Claims of Billy Dib Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Chris John Dispute Claims of Billy Dib Negotiations

Sampson Lewkowicz has advised BoxingScene.com that nobody from Billy Dib's team has contacted him for a featherweight unification with WBA champion Chris John (46-0-2, 22KOs) of Indonesia. Mahkota Promotions, who handled John's two recent fights, are allegedly involved in discussions with members of Dib's team for a unification showdown on March 31st.

[Click Here To Read More]

Paper Champ: Pronounced: [pey-per] [champ, chomp]
    A champion who holds an official title but lacks the caliber of a real champion.
    Those boxers are just paper champions.
    Synonyms:
    1. They/he may have real world titles. But they/he don't fight outside their country and they don't take on fighters other than their own nationality much.
    Reference: See Chris John.

Last edited by fceeviper; 12-12-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
      A champion who holds an official title but lacks the caliber of a real champion.
      Synonyms:
      1. They/he may have real world titles. But they/he don't fight outside their country and they don't take on fighters other than their own nationality much.

I caught sight of your post by accident, and it would have been better if you'd posted it by accident, because you are casting an undeserved slur on Chris John's name. Personally I have never seen him fight, just read about him, and checked him out especially after he beat Marquez so easily. Reading an account of that fight from an Australian writer who had travelled to report on the fight, it transpired that he did not get a "home town" decision as people were saying, but beat Marquez easily, and was in fact a very fine fighter. Marquez never wanted a return........even in Mexico.

You really don't know what you're talking about, quite common with Boxingscene posters. Since John has win his title, he's had 15 title fights, some in Indonesia, some in Japan, some in Australia, and at least 2 in the United States. He fought Rocky Juarez during his peak, in the first fight to a hometown "draw", and in the return, also in the US he won almost every round. Reading a couple of reports in BoxingScene lately, it seems that the reason he doesn't travel more overseas is that he gets a minimum of $500,000 no matter whom he fights in his own country. Billy Dib has been calling him out, and he wanted $700,000 to travel to Australia, and risk his title, but they won't pay it. I think it's very reasonable, for a guy who's been champion for so many years and still unbeaten.

Maybe that's why nobody has bothered to even read your "thread" except myself.

Always check your facts before publishing and making a fool of yourself.
      Last edited by edgarg; 12-13-2011, 02:50 AM. Reason: more factual

Comment

Synonyms:

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        I caught sight of your post by accident, and it would have been better if you'd posted it by accident, because you are casting an undeserved slur on Chris John's name. Personally I have never seen him fight, just read about him, and checked him out especially after he beat Marquez so easily. Reading an account of that fight from an Australian writer who had travelled to report on the fight, it transpired that he did not get a "home town" decision as people were saying, but beat Marquez easily, and was in fact a very fine fighter. Marquez never wanted a return........even in Mexico.

You really don't know what you're talking about, quite common with Boxingscene posters. Since John has win his title, he's had 15 title fights, some in Indonesia, some in Japan, some in Australia, and at least 2 in the United States. He fought Rocky Juarez during his peak, in the first fight to a hometown "draw", and in the return, also in the US he not only won every round but won a couple by 10-8. Reading a couple of reports in BoxingScene lately, it seems that the reason he doesn't travel more overseas is that he gets a minimum of $500,000 no matter whom he fights in his own country. Billy Dib has been calling him out, and he wanted $700,000 to travel to Australia, and risk his title, but they won't pay it. I think it's very reasonable, for a guy who's been champion for so many years and still unbeaten.

Number 1 poster. here.

Green k's!

SINTING LU!!!!!!

Comment

You really don't know what you're talking about, quite common with Boxingscene posters. Since John has win his title, he's had 15 title fights, some in Indonesia, some in Japan, some in Australia, and at least 2 in the United States. He fought Rocky Juarez during his peak, in the first fight to a hometown "draw", and in the return, also in the US he not only won every round but won a couple by 10-8. Reading a couple of reports in BoxingScene lately, it seems that the reason he doesn't travel more overseas is that he gets a minimum of $500,000 no matter whom he fights in his own country. Billy Dib has been calling him out, and he wanted $700,000 to travel to Australia, and risk his title, but they won't pay it. I think it's very reasonable, for a guy who's been champion for so many years and still unbeaten.

Oh the irony.
          He never beat JMM and is in fact a paper champ fighting bums

Comment

You really don't know what you're talking about, quite common with Boxingscene posters. Since John has win his title, he's had 15 title fights, some in Indonesia, some in Japan, some in Australia, and at least 2 in the United States. He fought Rocky Juarez during his peak, in the first fight to a hometown "draw", and in the return, also in the US he won almost every round. Reading a couple of reports in BoxingScene lately, it seems that the reason he doesn't travel more overseas is that he gets a minimum of $500,000 no matter whom he fights in his own country. Billy Dib has been calling him out, and he wanted $700,000 to travel to Australia, and risk his title, but they won't pay it. I think it's very reasonable, for a guy who's been champion for so many years and still unbeaten.
            Wow looks like I stuck a nerve there.

Maybe you should see him fight/any fight of his I have, so you can see all the bums/cab drivers/farmers he has fought in his so called title run. Oh and he was given a gift of a victory when he fought JMM watch it for yourself and score it.

The majority of the writers at the time saw JMM wining that fight, fact. But Chris has a undefeated record so that can't be true right?

Maybe that's why nobody has bothered to even read your "thread" except myself. Always check your facts before publishing and making a fool of yourself
            By the way this wasn't my thread I didn't create it, I just replied in it, Oh and I stand by by claim, Chris John is a paper champ.

Comment

Synonyms:

HAHAHHA FACT! I can't believe how many people where pissed after the jmm fight. JMM WON and everyone who say the fighte who is not insane saw what he won too! This is prolly why he fights bums if you go there you have to ko him to get the win. It's funny Johns team denying Dib claim to a fight because he poses to much of a threat. FACT!

Bring on the red k. It means a whole lotta **** if you have no balls to stand up for the truth.

Comment

JMM vs CHRIS JOHN

Comment

Working...
                X