No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Trainer Not Impressed By Trout's Boasts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Trainer Not Impressed By Trout's Boasts

WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (25-0, 14KOs) is expecting that his size and reach advantage will make a difference in his fight with Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) on December 1st at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Pedro Diaz, the Cuban trainer of Cotto, is not worried about Trout's advantages. He will train Cotto for two weeks in Puerto Rico, before heading to Big bear in California and then head to Florida.

[Click Here To Read More]

cotto's trainer has the fundamentals down. i think both fighter and trainer sync very well. cotto wins this by UD

Comment

Pedro Diaz is a great trainer, cotto will do wonders under his guidance..good luck champion

Comment

I really like Diaz, he will have many more world champions by the time he is done with pro boxing.....

Comment

I am impressed with the cuban trainer

I think he is the best thing that has happened to Cotto

I am not impressed with trout in his fight with DR.

I thought DR should have pressed him more and won the fight

I am pulling for Cotto to win himself a title and I hope he KO's TROUT

LOVE KO's !!!!!

Comment

Trout has a lot going for him in this fight. Diaz compares him with Foreman and Margarito. I disagree with that.

Diaz and Cotto seem to have a good thing going here. I think this might be Cotto's last impressive showing because Canelo seems poised to take him out. Trout keeps his right hand low, Cotto will be all over that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Trout has a lot going for him in this fight. Diaz compares him with Foreman and Margarito. I disagree with that.

Diaz and Cotto seem to have a good thing going here. I think this might be Cotto's last impressive showing because Canelo seems poised to take him out. Trout keeps his right hand low, Cotto will be all over that.
              Actually he's right Margo and yuri are both taller than Cotto in fact they are both taller than trout.

Comment

I think the Cotto up until he faced and beat Mosley was the best Cotto. Margarito II, he was seriously damaged by pacqiou which made it easier the second time around.

Pedro has to bring back Cottos signature left hook and make major defensive adjustments; he has to defend against uppercuts and fix cottos high guard, both of which mayweather exposed and in fact won him the fight. He punched around Cotto's sloppy guard and whooped his head all night and watching mayweather throw uppercuts shocked me; he barely throws them but he did his homework.

Cotto also has impressive bob and weave skills; he used them in instances against margarito I and paqiou. If he learns some shoulder rolls and uses philly style defense (like he did in the mosley fight) I think Pedro will have a beast.

DEFENSE IS KEY! And he must be just as quick defensively as he is offensively; honestly that's what mayweather has always had. When he's been cold ****ed or matched in speed (by judah) his fast defense and counter punching gets him back in the fight.

Comment

Cotto's gonna flush the goldfish down the toilet

Comment

What did Trout say, he has been nothing but respectful towards Cotto during his interviews...Trout is not a trash talker AT ALL he seems like a very nice guy

Yes Trout is BIGGER that is just a fact, sure Margarito was Big also but he was also flat footed and slow as hell and yet he still was able to land on Cotto fairly easy

No Trout doesn't have "GREAT POWER" but an accumulation of punches could do serious damage, especially if you keep eating a jab in the same spot OVER AND OVER...that dude is slipper and slick as hell, even in the pocket he is still hard to hit

We shall see, I think Trout is going to be a much tougher opponent then fans and his trainer thinks
                    Last edited by sicko; 09-29-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X