No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Rios is Too Big, Strong For Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Rios is Too Big, Strong For Gamboa

A year ago to the day and then-aspiring featherweight prospect/contender Miguel ‘Mikey’ Garcia had his sights set on two undefeated champions in his division; Cuba’s Yuriorkis Gamboa and Puerto Rico’s Juan Manuel Lopez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Rios is too slow and too flat footed and too unskilled for gamboa. thats what he meant i think...

Comment

aint that what u said about marg before pac sent him to the hospital?

Comment

Im pulling for Rios in this as I love everything about the guy inside the ring. Gamboa is seriously dangerous and highly skilled, but Rios brings some equalisers and Gamboas chin and body are going to find out if they can back up his skill under the grinding pressure from Brandon

I can't wait for this fight, its the fight I'm looking forward to most right now

Comment

Cant wait for this one! awesome scrap, I wonder who Gamboa will bring in for sparring partners?

Comment

Could go either way.

Too many Unknowns to make a solid prediction.

Comment

With all do respect to Mickey i think he is use to people that he trians with which from what i have seen they are all stationary,one demtional come forward and throw punches......yes rios might be strong and might hit hard but he has to catch gamboa first and that wont be easy,and yes gamboa is not acosta,gamboa has alot more skills....oh and lets not forget rios gets hit alot...with all that said,this will be a easy night for gamboa

Comment

Garcia's words sound almost exactly like what I wrote in an earlier post regarding the fight between Gamboa and Rios. Mikey's insight adds weight to my concerns. That said, Garcia isn't Yuri. He doesn't have Gamboa's capabilities, nor does he fight in the same style. I regret that I agree "Bam Bam's" size and power will tell in this fight, but "El Ciclon's" talents mean that the outcome of this match is far from certain.

War Gamboa!

Comment

gamboa is ultra talented and fast!! he is gonna do circles around rios with his footwork!! rios is gonna get hit in tons before he can catch gamboa!

Comment

Gamboa's first five fights were at lightweight. I think it's gonna look like Hopkin's vs Pavlik all over again, oh well Rios belongs at super lightweight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X