• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Why do boxing fans give this term?

''Oh if SUPER Judah turns up, he will win''

''Super Judah via his mystical overrated as hell uppercut''

Its like they actually believe he puts a cape on in the dressing room and turns into a super hero.

''Super'' Judah is just Zab Judah.

They try saying ''super'' Judah turned up for Paris. No, no, Paris is just not very good, real talk. Nice kid, great story but he is very average.

Just had to clear that up, thanks.

Zah himself claim to turn into "Supahman". See below:

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      i guess we can say that even a fighter's prime has its stages.

i always tend to feel that fighters are at their best when their boxing intellect and physical ability are nearest to peaking together. for instance, a fighter like Calzaghe was maybe a little past his physical peak in 2006/2007, but his ring-acumen was now so well developed that it created the best version of Calzaghe when combined with his still very strong physical state. i believe that to be true of Hopkins at a point in time, too.

re. the point you made about the Foreman fight, that fight did come some time after the period you mention (Mosley to Margarito I), and Cotto did (for whatever reason) seem to become more measured in general after Margarito I, with the exception of the Pacquiao fight, where he quickly got lulled into feeling he could do well in exchanges with the smaller man (this display of strategic immaturity is perhaps excusable, given that Pacquiao was such an unusually beguiling case among cases of little fighters moving up in weight). even against comparative cannon-fodder like Jennings at welterweight, he appeared to take it steady and deliberate.

as an additional note, the first of Cotto's performances against Margarito is often harshly critiqued for its perceived naivety, while the second, achieved while past his physical best, is often praised as a much more mature showing (others may argue that his success owed to facing an inferior version of Margarito, although the truth probably lies in between). one might speculate that Cotto reached full intellectual maturity as a fighter a little too late, as it's often suggested that he suffered a sharp physical decline following the two very harsh beatings he received within an 18 month spell.

interesting subject.
      Is that you Jim Lampley?

Comment

Judah can't beat top flight competition and usually isn't even competitive. He gets picked to win fights because "If he comes in with his A game, he's too much..". The way he fights is his A game, it just overwhelms less talented fighters and when he steps up to the big leagues, it doesn't work, he doubts himself, and quits on himself and the fight.

Comment

Working...
        X