Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Martinez he is overrated from beating up on nobody's and other overrated opponents

Comment

Overrated
      Rigo
      Golovkin
      Garcia
      Broner

Underated
      JMM - only by some ,granted
      Trout
      Wlad
      Froch

Comment

What is the criteria?

Going by the RING rankings:

Overrated:
        -Broner
        -Rios
        -Guerrero
        -Oosthuizen
        -Pirog
        -Alvarez
        -Ortiz
        -Khan

I think Rigo (#1), Ramos (#4) and Darchinyan (#8) are slightly overrated. I would put Mares (#2) at #1 and Quigg (#9) at #8. At WW, I think Alexander (#10) and Ortiz (#9) should switch places.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 12-25-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Overrated:

Danny Garcia - He beat glass chin bum Amir Khan - so did Bredeis Prescott
          Brandon Rios - Can he please fight another boxer and not another tailor made opponent
          Gamboa - He impresses me less each time out. All style, very little substance

Underrated:

Gabriel Campillo - Most underrated in the game by far. Best 175 lb fighter in the world and nobody knows about him because he gets robbed every time out

Orlando Salido - Even though he beat Juan Manuel Lopez twice people continue to pass him off as a tough guy with 11 losses. His wins over JML were beautiful executions of game plan and I expect him to defeat Mikey Garcia rather easily

Lucas Matthyse - A lot of people have said this one already, he is the best fighter at 140 unless Marquez drops back down. Juan Manuel Marquez vs Lucas Mattyhse is to me one of the best fights that can be made for fans.

Comment

overrated:
            rigo (as of now)
            rios
            canelo
            broner (yea)

underrated
            mares (cant crack da top 10? why?)
            trout (i think that may change soon)

just right:
            D. Garcia (no spectacular skillset, but he wins)
            Froch
            doniare
            mayweather- i dont really kno where to place him. sometimes i think he's overrated, by his haters no less (ex: he should fight Martinez at 160lbs though he comes from 130lb or he's ducking. How is he #1 when he doesnt fight as much, He doesnt fight people who could beat him. He only fights small or old or past prime guys??? etc.) and then other times he seems underrated (ex: He's a champion in two weight divisions at the same time who else is? He went through 5 weight classes undefeated (only fighter in history to do so i believe) without ever being knocked on his ass and only one split decision in his career. He is considered one of if not the best 130lb fighter in history. He is the most accurate fighter in history since compubox started. won no vacant titles. Contrary to popular belief he HAS been the smaller fighter in most of his bouts etc.)

There was a poll a while back in BS where most ppl voted that no one from 140- 154 can beat him. Thats three weight classes (by comparison could you honestly stake the same claim for Pac even before the marquez ko?) oh and by the way he'll be 36 in feb so now he's considered the "old" fighter. So either people are extremely overrating him or not taking into consideration what he has done and still can do. I got him at just right. just my two cents

Comment

Overrated:

Pirog- hasn't done jack frost since beating Jacobs another untested prospect 2 years ago yet is considered a top MW
              Golovkin- similar to Pirog just doesn't have enough quality wins but is not as overrated as Pirog
              Mattysse- A good fighter I like but because of his record and style posters overrate his power which isn't really that proven nor is he at the elite level yet
              Rigo- Hasn't fought anyone his best win was a deer in headlights green Rico Ramos
              Broner- He is now p4p on some lists based on stopping Demarco who is just a decent LW

Underrated:
              Garcia- The guy may not have flashy handspeed but is a good overall boxer yet everyone says he is going to be ko'd the next time he fights any bum off the streets
              Wlad- Virtually untested now and has his challengers ducking him, gets flak for not having a time machine and fighting other ATG HWs of the past
              Froch- Kinda like Garcia I think no matter who he beats he gets underrated just because he is on the slower side but speed doesn't equal skills and doesn't always translate to wins I think alot of fans forget that just look at Berto
              Alexander- Still isn't highly regarded but at WW beat Maidana more convincingly than anyone has, took on some tough challenges and dangerous opponents not an easy nights for work any WW in the world

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Most overrated (At this stage of their careers);

Lara
                Golovkin
                Rigondeaux

They're top 3 IMO.
                I agree.... I would add Canelo also

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                  overated:
                  Rios
                  D. garcia
                  Broner

Underated:
                  Viloria
                  Bradley
                  A. Dirrell

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Overrated:

Pirog- hasn't done jack frost since beating Jacobs another untested prospect 2 years ago yet is considered a top MW
                    Golovkin- similar to Pirog just doesn't have enough quality wins but is not as overrated as Pirog
                    Mattysse- A good fighter I like but because of his record and style posters overrate his power which isn't really that proven nor is he at the elite level yet
                    Rigo- Hasn't fought anyone his best win was a deer in headlights green Rico Ramos
                    Broner- He is now p4p on some lists based on stopping Demarco who is just a decent LW

Underrated:
                    Garcia- The guy may not have flashy handspeed but is a good overall boxer yet everyone says he is going to be ko'd the next time he fights any bum off the streets
                    Wlad- Virtually untested now and has his challengers ducking him, gets flak for not having a time machine and fighting other ATG HWs of the past
                    Froch- Kinda like Garcia I think no matter who he beats he gets underrated just because he is on the slower side but speed doesn't equal skills and doesn't always translate to wins I think alot of fans forget that just look at Berto
                    Alexander- Still isn't highly regarded but at WW beat Maidana more convincingly than anyone has, took on some tough challenges and dangerous opponents not an easy nights for work any WW in the world
                    I see Fleece Johnson " The Booty Warrior " is a fan of yours. He has no shame in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      I see Fleece Johnson " The Booty Warrior " is a fan of yours. He has no shame in his game.
                      Absolutely none, sometimes getting that booty is more important than drinking water

Comment

Working...
                      X