Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Chavez jr. Good or Bad fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longer the fight goes the more I'd favor Chavez for a stoppage win. It's a toss up with an edge to Jr imo. IF he could take GGG's shots, which I could see happening due to size

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      GGG gets tired and frustrated if he can't do it in five. Chavez won't be going in five. And Sergio is different because he can move his feet to avoid early pressure. Golovkin can't get out of the way so they'll just go blow for blow. When he does move he goes straight back. Its a toss up.
      Golovkin has gotten stoppages after the 5th round. He doesn't come across as a guy who's mentally affected if his fighter is still in front of him after a certain amount of time. I don't think he'll go in there underestimating Chavez either. Hopefully he doesn't let the hype get to him.

Chavez has a better resume than GGG. If fans want to use that as a barometer for how their fight will go, that's cool.

Golovkin cannot and will not approach Chavez like Martinez did. GGG and Chavez operate in the same dimension, so it will just look that much more impressive when GGG gets him outta there. I haven't claimed that GGG/Chavez is a mismatch like Chavez/Martinez was, and that's due to the styles. I will be surprised if Chavez wins though.

ThePunchingBag said that Chavez won't have to worry about movement. Well.....the same can be said in GGG's defense lol.

Comment

I'd love to see this one, no matter how good your chin is if your caught right by a guy with power you're going to be in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I don't think it'll be easy for GGG, but when push comes to shove, somebody's body and will is gonna get shattered. This fight will not go 12 rounds.
          I agree with that much lol..I really see this being a brutal fight,career changing..Do ya know what I am saying(in my butters voice)...

Comment

Chavez is ducking GGG.

Comment

This is a fight I wanna see, I believe Golovkin wins this but stylistically this would be a very good fight.

Comment

The Ouma fight for Golovkin looked exactly like the Zbik fight for Chavez.

As a result, I think they both aren't as good inside as they would like to be seeing as how they were both beaten up there by lesser men, but were sturdier and therfore were able to get the job done. If Ouma had GGG's power, I don't think GGG would have won. And for Chavez, well, I still think Zbik won that fight.

It's a good fight, those fights I mentioned show that both men are pretty flawed inside when their opponent is swinging back - I've seen it more than once with Chavez. The Zbik fight and sparring footage with Martirosyan.

I favor GGG for obvious reasons, but I can see Chavez making a dent late with his size and durability.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  The Ouma fight for Golovkin looked exactly like the Zbik fight for Chavez.

As a result, I think they both aren't as good inside as they would like to be seeing as how they were both beaten up there by lesser men, but were sturdier and therfore were able to get the job done. If Ouma had GGG's power, I don't think GGG would have won. And for Chavez, well, I still think Zbik won that fight.

It's a good fight, those fights I mentioned show that both men are pretty flawed inside when their opponent is swinging back - I've seen it more than once with Chavez. The Zbik fight and sparring footage with Martirosyan.

I favor GGG for obvious reasons, but I can see Chavez making a dent late with his size and durability.
                  If Ouma had GGG's or even better than avg power, he'd be incredibly hard to beat with his iron chin and insane workrate. He'd have been undisputed MW champ at one point, for sure.

But it's a good parallel between the 2 fights, looked similar in parts, except the outcome. GGG was wrecking Ouma after round 7, Chavez needed some friendly judging the get him past Zbik.

Comment

If Ouma had his power lol. If Paulie had the power of mike Tyson he'd be undefeated!

You either have the power or you don't. It's part of your game.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Golovkin has gotten stoppages after the 5th round. He doesn't come across as a guy who's mentally affected if his fighter is still in front of him after a certain amount of time. I don't think he'll go in there underestimating Chavez either. Hopefully he doesn't let the hype get to him.

Chavez has a better resume than GGG. If fans want to use that as a barometer for how their fight will go, that's cool.

Golovkin cannot and will not approach Chavez like Martinez did. GGG and Chavez operate in the same dimension, so it will just look that much more impressive when GGG gets him outta there. I haven't claimed that GGG/Chavez is a mismatch like Chavez/Martinez was, and that's due to the styles. I will be surprised if Chavez wins though.

ThePunchingBag said that Chavez won't have to worry about movement. Well.....the same can be said in GGG's defense lol.
                      I never disputed that he has stoppages after the 5th. I said he gets tired and frustrated. Its not about underestimation either. I'm not going on resume at all either. I don't know what or who you're debating.

Chavez is big and can take punches. GGG is rather small and we really don't know how he'll react to a hard puncher late in fights. I think a fight with Chavez would be fun to watch but if I were handling Gennady I wouldn't advise him to jump at that fight right away. Take a couple tune ups with big pressure guys then test it. Its more dangerous for him than it is for Chavez who knows what he can take into the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X