Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoring MMA matches (No Criteria for Take-Downs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring MMA matches (No Criteria for Take-Downs)

No points in my opinion should be given for takedowns. Only time judges should be giving a guy credit is when he is doing damage and scoring points on what a fight really is.

If we take out the huge criteria of take-downs we can get rid of wrestlers who just lay and pray. The winner of a round should be determined who lands most effective striking and octagon control. The whole take downs thing is a cheap way to steal a round by just laying on a guy and doing nothing to fool the judges who never fought in their life that the wrestler is winning...

Thoughts?

takedowns are way overrated IMO... if the guy who got taken down prevented the guy who did the take down from capitalizing on the said take down then it should be considered null...

but hey this is UFC

Comment

Simple solution to the LnP problem in the UFC is to introduce the Pride style kicks to a downed opponent.

A missed shot would result in a kick to the face and would make any wrestler think twice about going for take-down attempt after take-down attempt.

Comment

Takedowns are part of octagon control.....

Comment

That wouldn't stop fighters from blanketing one another. Judges seem to score for the guy on top when it goes to the ground, so I don't think much would change really.

Comment

The whole points system need's looking at anyway, UFC are currently looking to appoint a board to look into judgs scoring (So say's randy Couture in Figters Only!) We just have to put up with it at the moment!

Comment

Or at least deduct points for not advancing or doing anythin while on the ground, like exessive holding in boxing

Comment

takedowns earn the most points. just like heavy punches earn more points in boxing and kicks earn more points in MT.

they should just bring back knees to the head of a grounded opponent. then wrestling changes. Hendo got by just fine with that rule. Sakuraba did as well. so i don't see the problem with them.

Comment

I can agree with this. The only fight I'd say takedowns matter is the Cruz-Faber fight because they were so damn close on the feet that it came down to something else to give them the round.

But for the most part takedown's are actually ****in cheap. Sometimes a fighter dominates the whole round like Wandy against Chuck with 2 knockdowns then Chuck steals a takedown in the last 10 seconds and the judges give him the round, believe it was the 1st.

Then of course the LNP fighters who will take you down and do absolutely nothing. As long as your landing blows you should be winning but if your just satisfied with staying in guard and not doing *****, and the person on the bottom is nailing you with elbows and going for several submission attempts, it should be their round because your still getting outworked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                    As long as your landing blows you should be winning but if your just satisfied with staying in guard and not doing *****, and the person on the bottom is nailing you with elbows and going for several submission attempts, it should be their round because your still getting outworked.
                    Yeah that would sound about right! I would go with that!!

Comment

Working...
                    X