Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has a fighter been the winner of 2 fights of the year in one year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Ortiz fight comments by Lopez...

Comments Thread For: Lopez To Ortiz: Plan For The Rematch, Not Canelo

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=555209

Comments:

Lopez needs to shut up
    I agree

Comments Thread For: Lopez: Golden Boy Screwed Up Announcing Canelo-Ortiz

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=554242

Vic is gonna destroy this guy!!!!
    R.I.P Josesito Lopez
    Lopez ur gettin nocked out
    I wonder how fast he will get knocked out. Predictions?
    Lopez isn't bad, but Ortiz is on another level. I'd be very surprised if Ortiz doesn't dominate and stop this guy. Jessie Vargas was able to out work him, and Jessie Vargas ain't s**t.
    Vargas is nothing special in the slightest.
    Now? Well, every one knew he had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Garcia destroying Khan that way surprised me more than Lopez-Ortiz. Again, I know that's a minority opinion but my surprised was far greater about Garcia than Lopez. And since Garcia actually destroyed Khan, whereas Ortiz quit in a fight he was winning handily, that effects my opinion as well.
      That's true, the fashion Garica beat Khan in shocked me more, obviously.

But I and most people always knew that IF Garica lands a big shot then a knockout is atleast possible.

Lopez beating Ortiz on the other hand was considered as close to impossible as I've seen recently. For a fighter that actually beat the odds to that degree.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Garcia destroying Khan that way surprised me more than Lopez-Ortiz. Again, I know that's a minority opinion but my surprised was far greater about Garcia than Lopez. And since Garcia actually destroyed Khan, whereas Ortiz quit in a fight he was winning handily, that effects my opinion as well.
        Yeah, I thought Khan would beat Garcia. But even though Garcia won, it wasn't just that he won. It was that he won in 3 f-cking rounds. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          That's exactly what I mean.

#1 Upset of the year, and then second place is his other upset of that same year.
          If he beats Canelo I would say he has done it. I give him almost no chance to win but he is game and tough and he has fast hands and good power. Anything is possible and Canelo could lose on cuts. I just think Canelo is to good and hits to hard for the smaller man to survive.

Comment

Beating Canelo might be a bigger upset than beating Ortiz. Either way he would probably win 1st and 2nd upset of the year. As a Canelo fan I hope there is no upset. I want an impressive Canelo win. I will root for Lopez in his next fight because I like him alot. I think he made a mistake taking this fight.

Comment

Glen Johnson beat Clinton Woods, RJJ and then Tarver in 04.

Not sure if he was favored in any of those fights.

The Woods fight could have been even money.

Comment

Working...
              X