Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO My Mexican Homies: What's Your Favorite Authentic Mexican Dish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    This is an Interesting story but that is not authentic pozole. This is a documented fact. The ancient Mexican Aztecs used to believe that god made humans out of basically corn meal and hominy(main ingredient in pazole) was a sacred food. During ritual sacrifices a criminal would have his heart cut out while he was still alive and a stew would be made of his flesh and shared with the people. After the conquest of mexico when cannibalism was band priests allowed this sacred stew to be made with pork because they said "the taste is similar to human flesh". This is what we now know as pazole. It was made basically the same way back then.

Bon Appetit

Did you get that out of a childrens book?

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      Did you get that out of a childrens book?
      no but its true

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
        Everything you quoted was made up ...you googled a fictional story
        uh no. what makes you say that?

Comment

no but its true

Why did u Red k me ph@ggot?

Comment

to do list :

long term mexican girlfriend. gotta get me some of this food on the regular.

i'll burn it all off with that bedroom cardio...

Comment

This is an Interesting story but that is not authentic pozole. This is a documented fact. The ancient Mexican Aztecs used to believe that god made humans out of basically corn meal and hominy(main ingredient in pazole) was a sacred food. During ritual sacrifices a criminal would have his heart cut out while he was still alive and a stew would be made of his flesh and shared with the people. After the conquest of mexico when cannibalism was band priests allowed this sacred stew to be made with pork because they said "the taste is similar to human flesh". This is what we now know as pazole. It was made basically the same way back then.

Bon Appetit
              While what you say is partly true, it wasn't common place in Mexica society. The Mexica did participate in cannibalism but it wasn't common place. It was basically only done in rituals and often the meat of captured victims.

There is very little evidence that the Mexicas practiced cannibalism regularly. Even though it did happen.

Comment

Working...
              X