Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Rips Hatton CEO Over Mishandling Martin Murray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Rips Hatton CEO Over Mishandling Martin Murray

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was visibly upset when he explained the details behind the failed discussions to make a middleweight fight between WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (29-0, 21KOs) and British contender Martin Murray (25-1-1, 11KOs).

Murray has well documented issues with obtaining a visa to enter the United States. To make the fight happen, Schaefer was willing to make a deal where Quillin would travel to England to face Murray on his home turf. However, Schaefer indicates that Murray promoter, Richard Poxon - Director of Boxing for Hatton Promotions - was impossible to deal with.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is one side of the story. What were the terms of the deal? Quillin's side asking for too much of the pie?

Comment

Could explain a lot of the Golovkin confusion as well if true... Strange though that he was this hard to deal with for Quillin but he sent him into the lions den twice with Sturm and Martinez?

Comment

Yea Schaefer should know about promoters fcuking up careers...he's doing it to Lara!!

Comment

Hahaha, I applaud this Poxon guy for telling Schaefer to **** off with bad deals.
          Don't even know the guy but I already like him

Comment

Richard Poxon does have one of the most annoying, punchable faces you can find.

I can imagine him being a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Richard Poxon does have one of the most annoying, punchable faces you can find.

I can imagine him being a ****.
              Is he that franenstein's monster looking motherfucker?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Is he that franenstein's monster looking motherfucker?
                Yeah.

Here is his response...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Yeah.

Here is his response...

such insight into the situation~
                  Seriously... what're we supposed to take from that?
                  It's still one sided
                  Hopefully Hatton will chime in

Comment

Elf Hatton never went to school

Why expect little wee Elf Hatton to be smart? No schooling and in way over his wee head in promoting boxing? Brit fighters are not being promoted correctly and are hampered by inept promoters. Hatton is a small time carnival promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X