Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you knock Floyd for taking a tuneup fight after getting out of jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends who the tuneup is. Hope Marquez doesn't call him out again.

Comment

Id be happy with Guerrero-Aydin too fight Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Idiot , whats a tune up , JMM lol p4p 2 is he your tune up , and he gets robbed by Mannys fake ass at the same weight Floyd embarrassed him at , is that your Floyd tune up lol your talking out your ass , these guys dont have tune ups lol , only tune ups is kiddies talking rubbish on forums .
        NOT at the same weight. It was supposed to be at 144, Marquez trained/prepared for 144, Mayweather had it changed to the welterweight limit in the week of the fight. Mayweather cheated him on the scales and came in as a full-fledged welter. If you think a few lbs don't make a difference, go watch Corrales-Castillo I, then watch the rematch (and those guys were in the same division, unlike Marquez who went up two divisions to fight Mayweather). Mayweather/Marquez was a meaningless fight/win when it happened, and it still is.
        Last edited by Fighting Pride; 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

No Mayweather should fight no tuneups...he says he is better than Ray Leonard....Ray came out of retirement and fought the best which was Hagler. May needs to come out of retirement and look for a Pac fight or Martinez..because if Chavez wins no way that Arum lets that happen.

Comment

I wouldnt totally knock him, but if he comes out and fights a big fight, I will give him props. Im sure Jail has humbled him, so it will be interesting to see what kind of Floyd comes out of jail

Comment

Of course not, anyone who would is not being realistic.
              The only thing that would get to me is if it was a pay per view fight, because nobody should charge dough for their fans watch them tune up. At least not if they care, but it's Money Mayweather, Money Mayweather, I make it storm YEP, I make it rain YEP, Money Mayweather Money Money Mayweather

THROW YOUR MONEY UP

Comment

floyd fighting another bum , how typical of him

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  No Mayweather should fight no tuneups...he says he is better than Ray Leonard....Ray came out of retirement and fought the best which was Hagler. May needs to come out of retirement and look for a Pac fight or Martinez..because if Chavez wins no way that Arum lets that happen.
                  I wonder what's worse for a fighter retirement or jail.

But no I wouldn't knock Floyd if he comes out of jail and fights pacquiao for a tune up..
                  Last edited by CHOWWOKKA; 07-08-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

yes I would be critical of floyd taking a tune up after his short stint up in CAMP SNOOPY!!!!

floyd takes longer breaks than this and fights, although one could say, cherry picks, but whatever. the fact of the matter is, yes, that would be ridiculous if he were to claim he needed a tune up. he's not even under the jail for a year? not even 6 ****ing months.

besides, a tune up for floyd, is a weak and mild sparring session and it would pay him ******ed amounts of money, for absolutely nothing.

I believe floyds little trip to clark county country club will be used as an excuse to NOT fight any of the top fighters available, thus milking the fans of their hard earned money....

if floyd isn't fighting any of the top guys, there should be a boycott.

If floyd was out for a year or more, than yes, but ****, people have head colds longer than his little stretch of time.

people spend more time in jail for a parking ticket....... ****ing tune up fight, GTFOHWTS..........

damn tune up fight, what a joke.

Comment

if mayweather-ortiz was a big fight....dear god what's a tuneup gonna be like?

Comment

Working...
                      X