No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon Starts To Prepare For Raul Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon Starts To Prepare For Raul Garcia

Former champion Iván “Iron Boy” Calderón has already started light training for his next fight, which is likely going to take place during the Annual Convention of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), scheduled to happen in Puerto Rico from October 24 to the 29th. Raúl “Rayito” García (30-1-1, 18 KO), the WBO champion at 105-pounds, is the likely opponent. A deal is still being negotiated. Calderon moves back down after staging his last few fights at 108-pounds, where he suffered his only two career defeats to Giovani Segura.

[Click Here To Read More]

I respect Calderon for wanting to fight a champ after 2 back to back KO losses but I think he should take a tune up at 105 to see where hes at. He has the skill set to win, but he is not as agile as he once was and definately isnt going to KO him, Garcia is no pushover and if he follows Seguras blueprint he can win easily as well. Will still be a good fight id watch it if it comes out on Azteca America or Televisa.

Comment

The iron boy cant run away from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        I respect Calderon for wanting to fight a champ after 2 back to back KO losses but I think he should take a tune up at 105 to see where hes at. He has the skill set to win, but he is not as agile as he once was and definately isnt going to KO him, Garcia is no pushover and if he follows Seguras blueprint he can win easily as well. Will still be a good fight id watch it if it comes out on Azteca America or Televisa.
        You are correct if rayito hits as hard as segura. but if he does not then calderon should be able to at least last 12 rounds.
        the man is hurt you know he lost 2 times so he will want to be at his best. It should be a good one

Comment

Working...
        X