No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Eyes Barrett Rematch, Holyfield Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Tua Eyes Barrett Rematch, Holyfield Clash

Heavyweight David Tua is already looking ahead at rematch with Monte Barrett. They fought to a disputed twelve round draw last year. Barrett gave Tua a lot of problems and dropped him in the twelfth round of their fight. Tua's promoter, Cedric Kushner, says a deal to face Barrett for a second time is almost done. Their first fight happened in Atlantic City. Barrett told Kushner that he is willing to take the rematch in Tua's backyard of New Zealand. If Tua beat Barrett, Kushner would like to match him against former champion Evander Holyfield in the fall. Holyfield is scheduled to face Brian Nielsen on May 7 in Denmark.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't be opposed to a Holyfield vs. Tua fight if they can both beat their next opponents. I'd rather Holyfield retire but if he is going to keep fighting, then I think this would be good gauge to let us know what he's got left...

Comment

Bernard Hopkins Can Clean Out The Heavyweight Division!!!

B-Hop at his age even, is tough enough, smart enough, fit enough, crafty and defensive genius enough to drag that whole Heavyweight Division, without a shadow of a doubt. Unlike Roy Jones who hand picked a stiff that couldn't move or pull the trigger on John Ruiz, Bernard Hopkins could walk thru that Heavyweight Division from top to bottom, having his own "Bum of the Month" campaign just as Joe Louis was known for. I bet even B-Hop knows he's able too!

Comment

make it happen looser retires for good.

Comment

Gotta tell ya I took a quick glance and thought it said David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
            B-Hop at his age even, is tough enough, smart enough, fit enough, crafty and defensive genius enough to drag that whole Heavyweight Division, without a shadow of a doubt. Unlike Roy Jones who hand picked a stiff that couldn't move or pull the trigger on John Ruiz, Bernard Hopkins could walk thru that Heavyweight Division from top to bottom, having his own "Bum of the Month" campaign just as Joe Louis was known for. I bet even B-Hop knows he's able too!
            you're delusional. the klits would wipe the floor with hopkins. povetkin, chagaev, haye, hell even solis would stop him. a holyfield fight was proposed for hopkins a little while back, and he turned it down. if hopkins knows he's able to do it, he didn't show it there. you can try to discredit roy all you want, he actually went up and did it, not just talked about it like hokpins, who was instead fighting blown up welters and bloated jr middleweights. he never did like guys his own size or bigger than him who were any good. guy is after paydays, so what's stopping him taking on the klits and haye for multi million dollar purses?

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
              shut up idiot

Comment

barrett then holyfield sounds ok to me.that will get him some money & prepare him for a bigger fight

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                  I wouldn't be opposed to a Holyfield vs. Tua fight if they can both beat their next opponents. I'd rather Holyfield retire but if he is going to keep fighting, then I think this would be good gauge to let us know what he's got left...
                  Tua is still better than Oddly Solis.

Comment

Working...
                  X