No announcement yet.

Getting hit with lead right hands is down right disrespectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hit with lead right hands is down right disrespectful

Guerrero got hit with about 942 straight right hands Saturday night...he even got hit with right HOOKS!

I don't understand how as a Southpaw, you get hit by that many lead right hands. That's the main punch as a southpaw you need to be conscious of. That should be buttoned up before you leave the amateurs. Just amazing how Floyd exposed such a vital flaw this late in Guerrero's career so repeatedly.

If you're not fast enough to get out of the way of the right hand, at least learn how to catch it.

LMAO I need to watch this fight again... I never realized that

Comment

Yeah i remember the one round mayweather must've landed 12 lead right's in 2 mins. Mayweather made guerrero look hopeless sat night.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
        LMAO I need to watch this fight again... I never realized that
        Look at this...utter disrespect.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
          Look at this...utter disrespect.

I definitely remember that one though.

I actually should download the full fight and watch it over a few times, Mayweather's performance that night was masterful. I feel like I should study it closely lol

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
            Guerrero got hit with about 942 straight right hands Saturday night...he even got hit with right HOOKS!

I don't understand how as a Southpaw, you get hit by that many lead right hands. That's the main punch as a southpaw you need to be conscious of. That should be buttoned up before you leave the amateurs. Just amazing how Floyd exposed such a vital flaw this late in Guerrero's career so repeatedly.

If you're not fast enough to get out of the way of the right hand, at least learn how to catch it.

For a 36 year old guy Mayweather's right was ridiculously fast, as fast as I've ever seen it. I don't doubt it was difficult to catch or slip.

Comment

you know your defence is terrible when your getting hit by leaping right hooks

Comment

Alright ladies, in Roberts defense - it was against the best right hand in the biz.

Comment

saying that, he was against one of the best boxers of our time.
                  It wasn't that it was an obvious punch to avoid, its just the way mayweather times it.
                  Floyd didn't start with successful lead right and guerrero was actually countering floyds lead right in the 1st round.
                  He's just got a knack of hitting them when they are thinking of hitting him.
                  I'm sure you guys have sparred and been hit by a silly shot that you'd normally block or dodge if you were focused. At that very point you lost focus, and I think Floyd has his opponent too busy thinking of how to score effectively that he can land his punches. Remember that 1-2 hook combo against marquez he landed? You'd never see marquez take shots like that.
                  Mayweathers mental timing is amazing. oh and also he's mega fast!
                  Thats my opinion on this. What you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                    saying that, he was against one of the best boxers of our time.
                    It wasn't that it was an obvious punch to avoid, its just the way mayweather times it.
                    Floyd didn't start with successful lead right and guerrero was actually countering floyds lead right in the 1st round.
                    He's just got a knack of hitting them when they are thinking of hitting him.
                    I'm sure you guys have sparred and been hit by a silly shot that you'd normally block or dodge if you were focused. At that very point you lost focus, and I think Floyd has his opponent too busy thinking of how to score effectively that he can land his punches. Remember that 1-2 hook combo against marquez he landed? You'd never see marquez take shots like that.
                    Mayweathers mental timing is amazing. oh and also he's mega fast!
                    Thats my opinion on this. What you guys think?
                    Yes he was going against the best in the game right now...that explains maybe 20% of the right hands he took...but what about the other 80%?

Floyd Sr. said before the fight Guerrero was open for right hands...he was spot on. Guerrero just doesn't seem to have good vision and reflexes to deal with the right hand, which is why I said if you don't, you should keep your left hand against your chin and at least catch the punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X