Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support assisted suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morally no. It should be allowed in a free society though. So yes I am.

Comment

Yes, in certain sitatuons

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        For the record, I'm a strong advocate of assisted suicide so long as it's in the case of terminal illness or otherwise unimaginable suffering, and carried out by a medical professional. I find it absolutely appalling that it's still considered illegal in the majority of so-called 'humane' societies.
        What if a perfectly healthy normal person just wants to die, has done for a while and pays for the procedure themselves?

Comment

Yes I support it, for whatever reason they want as well

Comment

I see people on their dying bed everyday some of them clearly in pain and I always wonder if they rather just pass to stop the suffering...

do I support it...sure, everyone should decide what to do with their life if they get to that point in life or whoever has the power of attorney should have the right to decide...

I personally wouldn't go that route but I wouldn't want to be kept alive by machines either.

Comment

Absolutely. I can't believe they actually charged (3 times) and then convicted Jack Kevorkian in a 4th trial, of second degree murder. He spent 8 friggen years in jail on a 10-25 year sentence. There are sick people convicted of much much worse who have gotten far less time. It wasn't as if Jack just went around to people and said "Ahh hey, don't feel like living? Here, let me help." He actually risked his freedom (and paid for it) to help people in dire pain and suffering. We need more people like Jack Kevorkian in this world IMO.

They need to change the laws, for certain. IMO the only reason they haven't is because it's a hot button topic that politicians don't want anything to do with, because it risks their chances of re-election.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                For the record, I'm a strong advocate of assisted suicide so long as it's in the case of terminal illness or otherwise unimaginable suffering, and carried out by a medical professional. I find it absolutely appalling that it's still considered illegal in the majority of so-called 'humane' societies.
                Is it still legal in Oregon? Been some years last time I researched euthanasia.

I'd take it a step further though I don't think one should have to be terminally ill or in unimaginable pain. I'm not saying let anyone do it, but mental pain can sometimes be far worse than physical. I mean if a quadruple amputee for example wants to end it, let them.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

I'd take it a step further though I don't think one should have to be terminally ill or in unimaginable pain. I'm not saying let anyone do it, but mental pain can sometimes be far worse than physical. I mean if a quadruple amputee for example wants to end it, let them.
                  A Scottish rugby player went over to Switzerland to die after becoming paralyzed from the neck down.

That was heart-breaking, I'll always remember the story.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

^^^this. If i was in a car accident and became a quadriplegic, i sure wouldn't want to live anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      Absolutely. I can't believe they actually charged (3 times) and then convicted Jack Kevorkian in a 4th trial, of second degree murder. He spent 8 friggen years in jail on a 10-25 year sentence. There are sick people convicted of much much worse who have gotten far less time. It wasn't as if Jack just went around to people and said "Ahh hey, don't feel like living? Here, let me help." He actually risked his freedom (and paid for it) to help people in dire pain and suffering. We need more people like Jack Kevorkian in this world IMO.

They need to change the laws, for certain. IMO the only reason they haven't is because it's a hot button topic that politicians don't want anything to do with, because it risks their chances of re-election.
                      Jack Kevorkian was a hero and this nation of ours treated him like a criminal.

Pitiful.

Comment

Working...
                      X