Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has the best chance of beating ward at or around his weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Yes to some extent it did, though I had him clearly winning that fight. Dirrell, based on what I saw against AA has fully matured since then. He applies his game far better now. At this point I still have to favor Ward, though no outcome would surprise me, but Dirrell beats everyone else at 168/175 in my opinion.
    I had him winning comfortably aswell but he could have really dominated it had he fought more like he did in the last few rounds.

He looked incredibly fragile at times.

I agree though, I liked his performance against Abraham. He clearly learnt from the Froch fight and fought a much better fight. I liked that about him.

But, he seemed to switch off in the later rounds which made me question him again.

I agree he's definitely talented and definitely a good fighter. And I'm not even saying he is a mentally weak fighter like Dawson. But I think there's evidence there to question it.

I like Dirrell, Im looking forward to seeing him fight again at the top level but like I thought when they were supposed to fight, I don't think he'll beat Ward.

Comment

Best chance is Dirrell. Dirrell would be a heavy underdog but yes he has the best shot due to all his natural ability, speed, reflexes and boxing skills.

I ask people to pay very close attention to Ward. It's not often that you get to watch greatness in it's prime. Ward is special, cherish that while he still fights.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        You also have to consider that he was thrown into the deep end with no big fight experience at all, lots of people either ignore or forget that. I just want to see him get in there and active, before I start rating him at this point, he's definitely a good fighter.
        I'm in that same place.

But I think there's legitimate reason to question his mental toughness at this point considering the two big fights he's had.

Again, I'm not saying he's mentally weak but like you put it, I want to see how he deals with similar situations before I start rating him.

Like I said, I liked how he learnt and built from his mistakes from the Froch fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Meh he won that fight imo. Deep down Froch knew it. It was on his face.

I wouldnt say hes mentally weak justs because Abe was closing the distance. Dirrell was cracking his ass with power shots all throughout the fight. I was there live. They sounded like shotguns going off.

People just say that because of what happened after Abe hit him late and its ridiculous imo.

This dude went toe to toe with the hardest puncher at the time. Mentally weak I dont see it.

Mentally weak: Judah, Dawson, Mosley,etc. I never thought that with Dirrell. He makes mistakes in the ring but I wouldnt call him mentally weak.
          He won the fight but the point is he made it a lot harder than it should have been and it wasn't physically.

He looked so fragile at times in the Froch fight. He really could have beat the **** out of Froch.

People don't just say it about Abraham because off the punch he hit him with when he was down.

People say it because he was clearly switching off in the last few rounds. That's where people question his mental toughness, he let Abraham back into the fight and mentally it looked like he was struggling.

I'm not going to brand him mentally weak at this point because he still has a lot of his career to go. But he has to prove it to me because at this point he's certainly showing me signs.

Comment

Dirrell I guess, I'd still favour Ward. Right now Ward is arguably the best fighter pound for pound I think it is a shame that he and Mayweather are not the same size as it would be a very competitive fight.

Comment

Agree Iron and in Froch's defense he has far improved since then as well, that would be a good rematch down the line.

Comment

Lucian Bute

Comment

dirrel fights scared. Ward Probably needs to go to 175 for a challenge but I don't know who beats him right now. He beat almost everyone. Someone will come along.

Comment

I will still pick one of the Dirrell Brothers...Anthony has the MENTAL toughness BUT has had some unfortunate setbacks outside of the ring during his career, I have my doubts he will ever reach the level many thought he could reach before Cancer then recently the Accident

Andre has the PHYSICAL TOOLS but like Dawson I don't think he has it MENTALLY and I think Dirrell like Dawson would CHECK OUT after a few rounds and start looking for the Ref to save him

I like GGG but I need to see more of him against TOP FIGHTERS...just a win over Super G is NOT ENOUGH! Plus I think he will be Busy in his Division for awhile

Sergio Martinez NOT going up to 168 especially this late in his career and I don't blame him

Chavez Jr is a HUGE Middleweight I certainly can see that fight happening even if Chavez Jr does lose to Martinez next week but I give him NO CHANCE against Ward

Comment

Working...
                    X