No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Judah Caught Me Good In The Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Judah Caught Me Good In The Eleventh

WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia unanimously won a twelve round decision over Zab Judah at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Garcia (26-0, 16 KOs) hurt Judah several times in the fight and scored a knockdown in the eight, but saw himself get rocked in the eleventh before weathing the storm to secure a win with scores of 116-111, 115-112 and 114-112. Garcia said Judah (42-8, 29 KOs) caught him with a very hard shot in the eleventh but he was able to use his ring smarts overcome the damage.

[Click Here To Read More]

work on that defense son

Comment

The kid needed this 12 round test with such an experienced fighter like Judah.
      Garcia looked always in control. I think he's smart enough and that he learned a lot last night.

Comment

Had Zab fought the whole fight like he did the last three rounds he would've won. Danny i'm sorry to say it is a B level fighter at best..a younger Judah would've wrecked him. Jab jab duck straight right..is a problem for Garcia. He cannot follow the opponents rhythm well unfortunately Zab figured it out when he was too far down in the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Had Zab fought the whole fight like he did the last three rounds he would've won. Danny i'm sorry to say it is a B level fighter at best..a younger Judah would've wrecked him. Jab jab duck straight right..is a problem for Garcia. He cannot follow the opponents rhythm well unfortunately Zab figured it out when he was too far down in the scorecards.

you are funny as hell "had zab fought like the last three rounds the whole fight he would have won".. well did you ever think about it this way had zab ever fought like the last three rounds in every fight we would be having zab judah P4P fighter being the star of the tournament; but instead we have zab the shoulda woulda of boxing same story different fighter that beat him.

Comment

Had Judah man up and fought like that early he would have been knocked out Garcia arms got tired from throwing power punches zab said it himself he was cautious the entire fight due to Garcia power Judah best shots didn't faze Garcia he controlled the fight give props when it's due

Comment

Danny impressed me with his determination and will power but with those wide punches.....man, he isn't gonna fare well at all against Matthysse, I can tell you that.

Comment

Danny needs to learn how to throw and use a jab, and work on that defense. Then he will be a good solid fighter.

Comment

Zab taught Danny some valuable lessons in the ring last night. This fight will help his development as a fighter. Knocking guys out early sometimes has adverse effects. Fighting when tired or hurt goes a long way. What stood out most to me was when Danny got buzzed him and Zab fought out of the clinch. Danny wasn't expecting a Zab punch and he needed to learn to protect himself at all times/ protect himself in the clinch and when breaking the clinch.

Comment

Judah fought a smart fight. He should've started to turn it up a lil sooner though like around round 9.. Judah just looks smaller than these guys. Matthysse was clearly bigger than Judah also. Garcia showed a lot of heart in the 12th. Garcia and Matthysse found it hard to land clean on Judah.

Garcia Matthysse is a great fight if Matthysse beats Peterson. Both are big 140lbers. Don't think for one second that Matthysse bows out Garcia. Judah gave Matthysse a lot of problems, and he beat Matthysse also.

Comment

Working...
                    X