Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I Promise To Knock Martin Murray Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This dude has fell off big time with his competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
      Macklin was ranked #2 by the Ring at the time, only behind Sturm who he beat.
      Provide me some evidence.

Macklin was #2 in the middleweight division after thrilling victories over top contenders Ruben Varon, Shalva Jomardashvili and Amin Asikainen...

Comment

This is a weak fight for someone claiming to be avoided by fighters.

Williams and Pavlik were very good wins for Sergio. Even Dzinziruk then wasn't too bad, given he was Top 10 at 154. Barker was terrible, considering Pirog was calling him out for that fight.

Macklin wasn't too bad, he was #3 at MW at the time. I accepted that. And Chavez Jr wasn't bad obviously, it's a fight people had been waiting on.

But now his plans are Murray and a Chavez rematch, really??? Golovkin, Geale, and Pirog are the fights he should be taking.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Provide me some evidence.

Macklin was #2 in the middleweight division after thrilling victories over top contenders Ruben Varon, Shalva Jomardashvili and Amin Asikainen...

From the Ring:

http:// ******.craveonline.com/blog/171983-martinez-rallies-to-stop-game-macklin-in-11th-round

My mistake, Macklin was #3 at the time, behind Sturm who he unofficially beat.
          Last edited by Juanma9; 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
            http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...-in-11th-round

My mistake, Macklin was #3 at the time, behind Sturm (#1) who he unofficially beat.
            Link doesn't work but I've found an article stating he's been moved up to #4. I literally spat water over my keyboard when you said how high Macklin had been ranked, it's absurd.

Just forget about where a magazine has a fighter ranked and look at his resume for yourself. Can you honestly defend Macklin's position?

I'm going to try and find a full list to see who's around Macklin's spot but I'm still in utter disbelief.

Comment

Working...
            X