No announcement yet.

Carl Froch "I know what Ward did to beat me. I know I'll beat him next time."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    I guess it's a case of when in Rome... I mean Ward's rough house tactics aren't exactly the world's best kept secret. He landed so many headbutts on Kessler he almost made Bradley look like a clean fighter.

Ward's rough house tactics are pretty much common knowledge by now, I don't think anyone can claim he's somehow a clean fighter.
    I've never seen Ward intentionally headbutt anyone though. Ortiz headbutting Mayweather was intentional.

I'm pretty sure with instant replays we would've seen Ward intentionally headbutt someone at least once or twice. Me, personally, I've never seen it.

But I have seen Ward up close punching his opponent.

Froch on the other hand was very, and I mean very dirty against Dirrel. I remember that fight standing out.

But you can't deny that Froch didn't hurt Ward with rabbit punches. I saw Ward's knees buckle a few times, but the announcers just never spoke on it. But the punches were clearly/blatantly, not accidentally, but blatantly landed to the back of the head repeatedly, which makes it kind of dirty.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-16-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Dear Carl Froch..

It's not too difficult to figure out.. He punched you more than you punched him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Froch on the other hand was very, and I mean very dirty against Dirrel. I remember that fight standing out.

But you can't deny that Froch didn't hurt Ward with rabbit punches. I saw Ward's knees buckle a few times, but the announcers just never spoke on it. But the punches were clearly/blatantly, not accidentally, but blatantly landed to the back of the head repeatedly, which makes it kind of dirty.
        Both Ward and Dirrell were holding Froch a lot in the fight, particularly in the latter rounds, so Froch was trying to fight out of the hold. The way you perceive it is that Froch was "being dirty", but it could easily be argued that Ward and Dirrel were "being dirty" by excessively holding.

When trying to fight out of a hold, you might aim for the side of the head but often will land on the back of it.

On the other side of the coin, Froch did a Judo throw on Dirrell when he was clinging onto him - that was a deliberately dirty move, but it was out of the frustration of being held so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Both Ward and Dirrell were holding Froch a lot in the fight, particularly in the latter rounds, so Froch was trying to fight out of the hold. The way you perceive it is that Froch was "being dirty", but it could easily be argued that Ward and Dirrel were "being dirty" by excessively holding.

When trying to fight out of a hold, you might aim for the side of the head but often will land on the back of it.

On the other side of the coin, Froch did a Judo throw on Dirrell when he was clinging onto him - that was a deliberately dirty move, but it was out of the frustration of being held so much.
          Froch is a dirty fighter, being held is not a justification for intentional fouls. It's ok though, I'm not as obsessed with fouls as most people here. Rough house tactics are part of the game.

Comment

Working...
          X