Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you describe Carl Froch's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno but it's pretty much what I do, even the wide leg stance which my coach yells at me for. I hope I can can get 1/2 of his success. I know it's irrelevant but I think it's really cool that I fight like someone a bit even though I never try to emulate anyone. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

He keeps his hand down and knows he can react. He let's you commit to he can go in and counter, or if he wants he just starts pumping that jab. Steps in on his hooks (which even there he could improve on) but he also makes the lead hook something to think about, even tot he body. So he's automatically starting with a plethora of weapons (depending on how he wants to jab) and he gets to be defensive and not get hit while he works his way in.

Comment

i guess if you had to call him something it would be boxer puncher, but it is a unique and highly entertaining style

Comment

Ugly as hell, but very effective. Plus quite limited. (imo he struggles against movers with speed)

Comment

Puncher/boxer

Comment

Has an ugly style that to be honest the way he moves and his technique when punching looks poor and from the outside you would think he is easy to outbox
            But of course he is a formidable opponent for anyone and has fought the best around and only ward looked good against him
            I think his ability to take a good shot allows him to fight his way but its certainly not a style and technique you would teach someone learning the sport

Comment

I also think if you can stay off the ropes and keep it in the centre he will struggle
              Easier said than done tho!!!

Comment

Pure poethry.

Comment

I would say Froch is both a counter puncher and a brawler. I wouldn't call him a boxer/puncher because he is neither. He isn't out-boxing a boxer, and he isn't overpowering a big puncher. On tape he looks slow as hell but time and again he proves hard to hit. His connects comes more from timing than from speed. He'll sit back just out of range and figure out an opponent, he'll lay a trap or two, then he pounces. It helps that his power is above average and his chin is world class. And let us not forget he is intelligent as well. Lastly, dude's got heart and guts. All that makes him a must watch. That said he'll never beat Ward.

Comment

Working...
                  X