No announcement yet.

An Evening With Marco Antonio Barrera -9th March - Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Evening With Marco Antonio Barrera -9th March - Newark

I've got tickets for this next week and was just wondering if anyone on here was going?

I've never been to one of these things before and dunno if its a "black tie" do? Says nothing about it on the website.

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    I've got tickets for this next week and was just wondering if anyone on here was going?

I've never been to one of these things before and dunno if its a "black tie" do? Says nothing about it on the website.
    I was hoping to be but cash flow was too weak!

I was at the Tyson Dinner before and it was out of this world, u will have a blast mate. The one i was at was Black Tie but im not sure if it said so or not, sure it did. Best dress sharp just in case

Comment

Cheers lads. I've had it confirmed it a black tie do. I've not got a suit but apprently as long as I look smart its all good.

I'll post a review on here at the weekend. Can't wait.

Comment

I went to this event last Saturday in the West Midlands.

Was awesome, truely awesome. You'll love it.

Barrera is a great guy.

Comment

Also, It wasn't Black Tie when I went.

Comment

Barrera is a top guy. He showed up over an hour late but I can forgive him for that and I doubt anyone was going to tell him he was being rude.

He said he would like to fight a couple of farewell fights and wanted one of them to be in Britain. He also said he wanted to fight Khan again, not because he dislikes Khan but because he doesn't feel he showed the British fans what he was capable of. He'd also like a 4th Morales fight if his mum would allow it.

When asked about Adrian Broner his response was... "I don't know who he is"

They say you should never meet your idols but Barrera far surpassed my expectations. Legend.

Comment

Fair play to Barrera, top bloke.

Being realistic a fight with Khan again would be a total non-contest. Of course it would just be for the money but I suppose it would mean he wouldn't have to fight on to get in the extra cash..

Funny comment about Broner!

Comment

I was hoping to be but cash flowwas too weak

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post

this guy were the best on their prime why still fight? paquiao retire barrera. it will be really hard for morales to win agains garcia, the future of boxing.

Comment

I went to this, it was an honour to be in the same room as such a great fighter, he came down into the audience at the end of the night and had plenty of time for everyone, me and my wife had a couple of photos with him. A night I'll never forget, a true all time great.

Comment

Working...
                    X