Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yuri is the only reason im hyped for saturday

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Anybody know how sturdy Farenas's chin is?
      He's only been down ONCE according to Boxrec. But aside from Uchiyama Im not sure how good his level of competition has been. It's hard to expect a KO in this fight due to Gamboa's long layoff. But the way Farenas lounges in with his leaky guard you can't help but have the feeling his gonna get KOed or be down AT LEAST once.

EDIT: Going by his Boxrec he's always cut on his eye so like I said before, I have a feeling this might end up like the Ponce fight.
      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Man, I've been waiting for this. Cannot wait!

As I've said before, that left hook and uppercut just look so easy. He gets ridiculous power into the shots without much body movement and they happen at the speed of light.

He's looking fast, sharp and powerful....basically, he's looking like Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          He's only been down ONCE according to Boxrec. But aside from Uchiyama Im not sure how good his level of competition has been. It's hard to expect a KO in this fight due to Gamboa's long layoff. But the way Farenas lounges in with his leaky guard can't help but have the feeling his gonna get KOed or be down AT LEAST once.
          Farenas has good power, an aggressive attitude and decent skills, but he's slow. He's a good opponent for Yuri to face after more than a year of inactivity. Even if Gamboa's timing is off (and it almost certainly will be somewhat off), Michael is going to be hit from angles he's never even heard of.

Being on the Pacquiao undercard and working with a new promoter, I think Yuri is gonna want to impress and destroy Farenas. If the fight goes the distance, it'll be testament to the Filipino's toughness and Gamboa's rustiness.

Comment

Here's the written interview from the one video:
            http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/176303-50-cent

For those interested in what 50 said.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Farenas has good power, an aggressive attitude and decent skills, but he's slow. He's a good opponent for Yuri to face after more than a year of inactivity. Even if Gamboa's timing is off (and it almost certainly will be somewhat off), Michael is going to be hit from angles he's never even heard of.

Being on the Pacquiao undercard and working with a new promoter, I think Yuri is gonna want to impress and destroy Farenas. If the fight goes the distance, it'll be testament to the Filipino's toughness and Gamboa's rustiness.
              Both man are coming off a layoff so yea it's the perfect match up. I wonder if Gamboa is in culture shock with all that exposure or living a dream.

Comment

Here's the written interview from the one video:
                http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/176303-50-cent

For those interested in what 50 said.
                Oh, crap!

The only negative to Yuri's return is that we'll have to listen to 50 rapping while he comes to the ring.

Comment

Both man are coming off a layoff so yea it's the perfect match up. I wonder if Gamboa is in culture shock with all that exposure or living a dream.
                  Good ****... but Farenas's isn't as long as Yuri's.... Yuri's is like a year and some change more than him

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Oh, crap!

The only negative to Yuri's return is that we'll have to listen to 50 rapping while he comes to the ring.
                    Wonder if he wrote some new **** just for Gamboa's entrance but nah bro. Think of it this way, his entrance will be 1000x better than Broners and with an actual artist . Plus you know 50 is internationally known, this will bring WAAAYYY more exposure to him and he will be the known as the "50 Cent fighter".

Comment

Hmm? Farenas fought Uchiyama five months ago. The fight ended early because of the clash of heads, but Michael fought ten rounds less than eight months ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X