Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs Rahman Tops 9/29 HVY Doubleheader In Hamburg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs Rahman Tops 9/29 HVY Doubleheader In Hamburg

The German box fans have a real highlight to look forward to. The Sporthalle Hamburg will host a spectacular night of boxing on September 29. The main event of the evening will be the WBA-Heavyweight World Championship between Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16 KOs) and mandatory challenger Hasim Rahman (50-7-2, 41 KOs). The next highlight will see European heavyweight champion Kubrat Pulev (16-0, 8 KOs) take on Alexander Ustinov (27-0, 21 KOs) from Russia. [Click Here To Read More]

BoxNation and Epix may decide to show this.

Rahman-Povetkin isn't an interesting fight, but I'm eagerly anticipating Pulev-Ustinov.

Comment

Pulev vs. ustinov should be the main Event. I think Pulev should win a comfortable UD against the huge, heavy russian. Ustinov hits verry hard but is also verry slow. Pulev is much faster and has better skills.

Comment

Why can't they just drop the Povetkin-Rahman fight?

Is he WBA mandatory? If so, why isn't he mandatory for the 'super' champion?

Comment

Povetkins in a meaningless bout vs an old,fat, slow ex...

Comment

i heard rahman is in pretty good shape. i can't confirm it because i have not seen pictures but he was 280 for his last fight so anything is better then that. he's had a year to wait & has stepped aside twice. this regular belt is not a world title. it's a #1 contender belt. the regular title is a joke.this is a good double header though...

Comment

Working...
            X