Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Floyd to Announce Opponent This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if he pulls a quick one and fights someone who everyone thinks Pacquiao should fight out of maybe... The 140lb. division. Say Alexander or Bradley? Far as I know, they aren't signed on to fight eachother and are having a Pacquiao/Mayweather simulation in negotiations. King promotes Alexander - Maybe he gets him to pull a Pacquiao and do a catchweight or something.

.... Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      Has anyone outside of the threadstarter seen this?
      No man, been scanning espn news, its a flook

Comment

It has to be a big name and it has to sell internationally. P-Will or Martinez are not big names outside of the boxing community. It has to be a foreign star not tied up in a winter fight that fills up stadiums, otherwise Floyd won't get compensated the way he wants to and HBO won't put up the money for the PPV. Has to be a guy at 147 or 154, Floyd won't go higher than that in weight.

I don't see anyone that fits that bill really. I say it's not likely Cotto since he and Arum don't get along, Berto maybe. I heard Berto talking some crap on a Ustream thing saying he wanted Mayweather but Berto is not really a huge star and he would be bragging about this fight being made on Twitter or something by now.

Floyd could take on Angulo snce Angulo wants to make big money apparently but he isn't really a star either. Possibly Canelo contengent on him beating Baldomir in September. Other than that, a Mosley rematch but he is trying to move down to jr welter after the Mora match so I can't call it really.

He could go out on a limb and fight either P-Will or Martinez but should he lose, a Pac fight is out the window, if he ever really wanted that fight.

Comment

Bookmark it.... Cintron/Mayweather Dubai Dec. 24 calling it "Immaculate Deception"

Comment

The only fight that would make sense to Floyd if it's not Manny is Cotto. At this point Cotto is very beatable and it would do better PPV numbers than did Manny/Cotto and once again Floyd would increase his negotiating power, which I'm starting to think that's all he cares about. True boxing fans might not care for the fight at this time, but it will sell big.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
              naw man...this IS pus5y ass ****

a majority of his fans were defending Floyd's right to 'not even think about boxing' and the other half were tryin to convince anyone who would listen that it wouldn't be feasible because of his taxes

then they even brought up Roger going to jail

and now that PAC has an opponent lined up, all of a sudden Floyd's laryngitis clears up and he's gonna fight in december?

da****outta here
              I agree Mak, I kind of saw this coming....typical Floyd stuff here, more basis of why I don't like him

Comment

Originally posted by frankisdead View Post
                Bookmark it.... Cintron/Mayweather Dubai Dec. 24 calling it "Immaculate Deception"
                lmao. +rep...

Comment

Would you ****s shut up about Will or Sergio. Last I checked Pac aint fighting them either.

Comment

Im writing a book for my fellow Floyd fans, its called

J/P, I hope his fighting P Will or Sergio I cant think of anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by frankisdead View Post
                      I was thinking about Cintron too....but he does not draw like a star does. I'm thinking someone along the lines of Alvarez (Floyd already mentioned maybe fighting him too), Cotto, or Matt Hatton (In England though)

Comment

Working...
                      X