No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Training For November Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Training For November Comeback

Brooklyn, New York - Former champion Joan Guzman (30-0-1, 17KOs) is training at Gleason's Gym for a November ring return. Guzman has been inactive since last December's fight with Jason Davis. In a fight scheduled for 140 [give or take a pound], Guzman came in at 144.5-pounds. It wasn't the first, second or third time where Guzman was overweight on the scale. But, he promises that a "new Guzman" is going to appear on November 18th in the Dominican Republic, when he faces Armando Robles (17-1-1, 9KOs). The fight is slated for 140-pounds and Guzman has already squeezed himself close to 150, with a little less than a month to go before the weigh-in. Photos by Jose Zabala.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sure does appear that he's dropped a lot of weight

Comment

next super-middleweight champ !

Comment

if he can actually make weight i'd love to see him in with Judah

Comment

I wonder if it's a medical issue such as a glandular problem he suffers from or if it's just lack of dedication?
          I hope he can still turn things back around for himself, this might be too little too late though.. as we've seen more than enough disappointment with Guzman.
          Me thinks he could've done great things.. it's just that damn weight issue.

Comment

Guzman's strength and conditioning coach has him on the right path, he seems more focused than before.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Brooklyn, New York - Former champion Joan Guzman (30-0-1, 17KOs) is training at Gleason's Gym for a November ring return. Guzman has been inactive since last December's fight with Jason Davis. In a fight scheduled for 140 [give or take a pound], Guzman came in at 144.5-pounds. It wasn't the first, second or third time where Guzman was overweight on the scale. But, he promises that a "new Guzman" is going to appear on November 18th in the Dominican Republic, when he faces Armando Robles (17-1-1, 9KOs). The fight is slated for 140-pounds and Guzman has already squeezed himself close to 150, with a little less than a month to go before the weigh-in. Photos by Jose Zabala.

[Click Here To Read More]
              Maybe, Would of, Could of, Should of,Showboat, Showboat while taking a beating, Fat, no respect,possible.....uhh yeah.

Comment

Biggest waste of talent in recent years.

Comment

if a has been like this can make a come back and win, this should inspire Paul Williams...lol hope he's over getting b*tchslapped by Lara

Comment

If he does plan to try and earn himself a shot at a title at 140 or 147 pounds, then I think we will see someone hand him his first L. He had some much potential, but in my opinion it is too late for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X