No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Promoter Reveals on HBO and Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Promoter Reveals on HBO and Kovalev

Yvon Michel, promoter of WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, sat down with BoxingScene.com to discuss the recent events involving his star fighter and the breakdown of negotiations with HBO for a fall unification with WBO champion Sergey Kovalev.

For much of 2013, HBO was showcasing both Stevenson and Kovalev - with the idea of matching them in a high profile fight at some point this year.

At the end of January, the discussions between Michel, HBO and Kovalev's promoter Main Events intensified. Both boxers were going to take interim-fights and then face each other on a date in the fall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He is right about making more money vs bhop. The venue for kov last night was super small

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      He is right about making more money vs bhop. The venue for kov last night was super small
      The venue last not is not where the fight would of happened. Pretty sure it would of not only been I Adonis' hometown, but he would of got like a (70-30?) split in revenue

Quack quack quack quack

Comment

Boxing is becoming such a joke. I'm sick of this bs. Smh

Comment

i honestly don't think Stevenson is scared of Kovalev, SHO offered him more money to cross the street and he did. good for Stevenson but sucks for the fans

Comment

quack quack quack

Comment

What was left out of this article that will go right over people's heads is that while yes Stevenson is going to get 20% more at Showtime he's also gotta pay a lot of new people so in the end how much of that 20% does stevenson end up seeing? He's got another middle man now collecting on his behalf,and how many middlemen does Haymon also have? You are going to fight Bhop, yeah well let's take a wild guess who is going to make the most money in that equation..certainly not stevenson. So yeah it may seem on the surface like you are getting more money but the reality is Showtime will be ok with giving him a few more tuneups and that's the problem...won't be no rush for a Bhop fight either because well it's not how Haymon works. We'll see more adonis against a few differently named versions of Fonfara before we even see a Bhop showdown...That is the only reason they left HBO. They tried the same shhh with Broner, let HBO make him a name..then when HBO wanted him to step up competition he left for Showtime..in Broner's case Karma got him via the name 'Marcos Maidana'.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                i honestly don't think Stevenson is scared of Kovalev, SHO offered him more money to cross the street and he did. good for Stevenson but sucks for the fans
                he is, he was avoiding him when they were both on HBO, he said Kovalev has to get more wins lol, enough time for him to make his escape

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  Boxing shouldn't even be considered a sport anymore.

Comment

HBO didn't want to pay Stevenson yet were willing to pay Ward and Rodriguez for that terrible fight they put on. I can see where Stevenson's promoter is coming from, you work for whoever is gonna pay you the most money for your profession.

Comment

Working...
                    X