Collapse
No announcement yet.

How disappointed would you be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably come off as arrogant because I was a serious Christian from the age of 12-15 and to a lesser extent before that. It frustrates me how I was stupid enough to believe in it and have the illogical and irrational beliefs I possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Noose, the arrogant, condescending 'aura' is 'cause them religious mofos look at us like we're the crazy ones.

Its not an aura, its a very real smug attitude. I honestly think the atheists are more annoying than the religious as far as the internet is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I probably come off as arrogant because I was a serious Christian from the age of 12-15 and to a lesser extent before that. It frustrates me how I was stupid enough to believe in it and have the illogical and irrational beliefs I possessed.
        I remember feeling like that. I really resented religion and got so easily annoyed at anyone thanking or praising god. Took me years to calm down, but i still loved to antagonise. Only in the last few years have i chilled out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          Its not an aura, its a very real smug attitude. I honestly think the atheists are more annoying than the religious as far as the internet is concerned.
          See this shocks me coming from an Atheist. I can understand and agree where people see it as insulting and condescending but there's no other way to convey this message that is not going to be insulting.

When i say I don't believe in god, I get looks like I'm from Mars. They can't wrap their heads around life without a god.

So no matter what I say, it's insulting. Then when you get down to the real arguments over it, it's not only insulting but they sometimes never want to talk to you again.

Comment

I remember feeling like that. I really resented religion and got so easily annoyed at anyone thanking or praising god. Took me years to calm down, but i still loved to antagonise. Only in the last few years have i chilled out.
            I'll get over it eventually I'm sure.

Comment

Yea, I used quote marks because that wasn't the word I was looking for but you get the point. Atheists are only annoying on the internet, religious people are killing innocent people in reality.

I couldn't give a fuck if someone is religion, it doesn't bother/annoy me. I see it for it is, a safety blanket, a reassurance. That's not me being condescending because I wish I really was able to believe in God and use that as strength/motivation but it is what it is.

It helps people through tough times but also puts people into tough times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                See this shocks me coming from an Atheist. I can understand and agree where people see it as insulting and condescending but there's no other way to convey this message that is not going to be insulting.

When i say I don't believe in god, I get looks like I'm from Mars. They can't wrap their heads around life without a god.

So no matter what I say, it's insulting. Then when you get down to the real arguments over it, it's not only insulting but they sometimes never want to talk to you again.
                I believe there is a way to talk about atheism or have a religious discussion without them being automatically insulted, but its rare and in person i never get into those debates. Where i live, religion isnt very popular at all. I have listened to Jehova Witnesses but when its my time to talk, and im offering my perspective, they always have to rush off to an appointment..lol. My family are Catholic but we never discuss it as its never really mentioned.

Id love to try and talk to real fundamentalists but id probably end up frustrated p1ssed off.
                With the internet atheists, im just frustrated with their lack of understanding when it comes to the religious mindset. They preach reason, knowledge and truth, but ignore the science of religion and argue for the sake of arguing. like its a sport. I think its dumb to caricature religious faith and unreasonable to mock it.

Comment

Working...
                X