Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I'm still surprised it was made. It's the type of fight that just does not happen enough. I'm still waiting for the injury or issue that cancels it, it's hard to believe the two best fighters in two divisions next to each other are going to fight.

they're complaining

and i'm handing out high fives.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      they're complaining

and i'm handing out high fives.
      Venting? More like b1tching and moaning lol :chuckle9:

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Venting? More like b1tching and moaning lol :chuckle9:
        high five

ward in 12.

it won't be a barnburner, but im looking forward to it more than any other fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
          If he beats Dawson though if Mayweather and Pacquiao don't fight legit contenders next time around I could see why people would place Ward at the top spot. Consistently fighting the best that's rare in boxing these days.

1. Mayweather
          2. Pacquiao
          3. Ward
          4. Martinez
          5. Donaire
          I have Ward at number 2 right now. Alot depends for me on how Dawson looks at the weight and who PBF fights next and how he fares. Also gotta' factor in the Martinez/Chavez fight.

Comment

lol brother how many times do i need to tell you that fighters do not match themselves.

ugh. not this again let's got over, for one last time, my stance on the movement of canelo alvarez.

there are two fighters on the planet who can say "i'm fighting X and nobody else:"
            pacquiao and mayweather jr.

i give canelo plenty of credit as well. he's one of the best young fighters around. that is what it is. he's good, and he's 22. no amateur background. lots of pro fights, but 22 years old.

you're just mad that he's not fighting lara
            it is what it is.

if i controlled top flight fighters they'd make bank (in 20 years, i want to manage fighters. i have my own career to worry about first.)

if you guys controlled them they wouldnt even eat
            or make it out of their professional infancy.
            you'd match them like a fan. that's not how they're matched.

if you control a fighter you keep his interests in mind, and no one else's. nobody is going to pay his bills for him when he's retired.

you dont want him to take a single unnecessary punch. not one. you dont want him in a dull fight if you can avoid it. and you certainly dont want him to lose until he gets an extra zero or two on his paycheck first.

if lara gets himself a fanbase that won't fit in his backyard then he'll command bigger fights. right now canelo is not fighting a southpaw cuban with a great amateur background and a style that's going to look like sh#t, win or lose. he is in the building stage of his career. a green strap of leather on his waist means nothing. i dont understand why that is not clear.

you dont put your guy in his first ppv against a guy who will not be entertaining. why do you tihnk they went for aggressors in ortiz, kirkland, and williams?

the issue with canelo's next fight is the weight
            lopez is coming off of his best win. he's young, crowd pleasing, and mexican (there's a huge appeal there to a mexican fanbase, even if he's not a star.)

the issue is that he moved up from jr ww, and was a LW.
            if course i'd like to see canelo fight bigger guys. hell, i'd love to see him fight jr. but it's not happening yet.

he'll fight floyd in 2013.
            Forget Lara, if they don't have full confidence in him beating Trout or Molina or Vanes. any sww top 10er beyond Ryan Rhodes, what's he doing fighting Floyd?

Comment

• Folks are going to hate no matter what, if Dawson wants Ward's belt then he has to fight at Ward's weight class. What's so hard to understand, if Ward wanted Dawson's then he'd have to move up.

Once a fighter becomes a champion they fight for other belts and / or large amounts of money, not to test themselves!

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Forget Lara, if they don't have full confidence in him beating Trout or Molina or Vanes. any sww top 10er beyond Ryan Rhodes, what's he doing fighting Floyd?
                getting paid, man

i dont like it any more than you do in terms of readying him for better competition.

Comment

getting paid, man

i dont like it any more than you do in terms of readying him for better competition.
                  Touche. No need to waste words on it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    I have Ward at number 2 right now. Alot depends for me on how Dawson looks at the weight and who PBF fights next and how he fares. Also gotta' factor in the Martinez/Chavez fight.
                    I respect your opinion. I know what I'm gonna say is gonna knock your socks off, you'll probably think I'm crazy, but bear with me:

Excluding Pac's blemish vs JMM, his recent "crap" run is fully comparable to Ward S6 run, in fact eerily similar, except for the large weight handicap Pac is carrying.

Cotto > Kessler. Mitigating factors: cw for Cotto, hometown reffing/questionable Ward tactics for Kessler. Bottom line, Cotto is a higher level fighter than Kessler, and even at 145 is at least as good IMO. Pac's manner of victory a little better
                    Clottey >> Green. Similar fighters, just different class. Fights unfolded similarly, Pac took more punches
                    Marg = Bika. Tough one with Marg's asterisk, without it a rout. He brings a bit more chin, size and pressure, Bika more power (maybe? Bute had no issues) and awkwardness. Marg way more accomplished, has top level wins unlike Bika, but there's that asterisk. In any case, Ward Bika would have been a lot more interesting if Ward was at a 17lb disadvantage. Pac won better
                    Mosley = AA. Similar fighters at that point, good chin, good punch, can't pull the trigger. For Mosley it's the age, for AA size and lack of boxing skills. Both coming off 2 demoralizing performances. Similar manner of win, Pac slightly better (no rounds lost, kd)
                    Bradley = Froch. Bradley undefeated, p4p, lacks power. Froch somewhat better comp (Bradley's was very good though and Tim more dominant), lacks speed. Both overachievers, winner mentality. Advantage to Ward in manner of win, avg press row score like 118 - 110 vs 117 - 111 for Pac

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Like New England said. Just for a pay day. His fans will look at it this way: Well he fought Floyd earlier in his career and Floyd is unbeatable so whatever. At least he tried."
                      Originally posted by New England View Post
                      lol brother how many times do i need to tell you that fighters do not match themselves.

ugh. not this again let's got over, for one last time, my stance on the movement of canelo alvarez.

there are two fighters on the planet who can say "i'm fighting X and nobody else:"
                      pacquiao and mayweather jr.

i give canelo plenty of credit as well. he's one of the best young fighters around. that is what it is. he's good, and he's 22. no amateur background. lots of pro fights, but 22 years old.

you're just mad that he's not fighting lara
                      it is what it is.

if i controlled top flight fighters they'd make bank (in 20 years, i want to manage fighters. i have my own career to worry about first.)

if you guys controlled them they wouldnt even eat
                      or make it out of their professional infancy.
                      you'd match them like a fan. that's not how they're matched.

if you control a fighter you keep his interests in mind, and no one else's. nobody is going to pay his bills for him when he's retired.

you dont want him to take a single unnecessary punch. not one. you dont want him in a dull fight if you can avoid it. and you certainly dont want him to lose until he gets an extra zero or two on his paycheck first.

if lara gets himself a fanbase that won't fit in his backyard then he'll command bigger fights. right now canelo is not fighting a southpaw cuban with a great amateur background and a style that's going to look like sh#t, win or lose. he is in the building stage of his career. a green strap of leather on his waist means nothing. i dont understand why that is not clear.

you dont put your guy in his first ppv against a guy who will not be entertaining. why do you tihnk they went for aggressors in ortiz, kirkland, and williams?

the issue with canelo's next fight is the weight
                      lopez is coming off of his best win. he's young, crowd pleasing, and mexican (there's a huge appeal there to a mexican fanbase, even if he's not a star.)

the issue is that he moved up from jr ww, and was a LW.
                      if course i'd like to see canelo fight bigger guys. hell, i'd love to see him fight jr. but it's not happening yet.

he'll fight floyd in 2013.
                      I know we've been over all of this and I understand your point of view but whether it's GBP's fault or Canelo's fault for this type of opposition, you just CAN'T give him credit for ANY of it.

If Lopez was a 147 lber like Ortiz, coming up to fight Canelo at 154 I would probably not mind the match up at all. But this fkin kid is a 140 lber who had fat around his waist fighting at 147 vs Ortiz. Just got off a major war only to go right into training for another big ass dude. I guess we'll never agree on this fight. No way I look at it is it a good fight in my eyes. Only reason Im tuning in for that card is for Russell Jr if they do put him on the card. This fight is almost comparable to Escobedo-Broner. If I was Lopez I'd take a dive or have my trainer ready with that towel in handy. GBP said the hell with weight divisions and screw Lopez's health. Shame on the commission as well for allowing this fight. A human being's life is at stake and could get seriously injured.

Comment

Working...
                      X