Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Source: Peterson Tests Positive For Synthetic Testosterone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping its just weed. I wanted to see this fight like everyone else. Kinda disappointed in lamont

Comment

• That sucks, I was looking forward to the rematch and Khan getting his revenge. Oh well Khan's loss in the first fight is the same as Cotto's loss to Margarito. They should have him rematch Maidana. The 140 weight class is loaded so they better not put Khan in soft.

Comment

• Amir Khan has just confirmed on his facebook the fight WILL be happening...

Personnaly i would say let them fight, strip cheaterson and only if khan wins should the belts be up for grabs.

once fight over ban cheaterson for 5 years and change the last fight no NC

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          100%

once this is confirmed my back is getting turned on the kid

i'll look for him to get beat up at least once

it's not like these guys are swimming or running races. boxing can be lethal. if you're enhancing your performance in boxing it's to beat the hell out of somebody with an unfair advantage

if this is the truth my back is 110% turned.
          How about xylocaine?

Comment

• Looks like this fight actually might be on.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...r-test-results
            Jeff Fried, Peterson's attorney, said in a statement given to ESPN.com that they are preparing information to be given to VADA and the NSAC in an effort to clear up the situation.

"We are pursuing (Tuesday) closure of the documented reason for the positive test result from the March 19, 2012 urine test in Los Angeles," Fried said. "This determination is based on comprehensive and specific medical analysis performed since becoming aware of the positive test. Specifically, there are productive developments based on such medical analysis/reviews."

Fried went on to say that a doctor who treated Peterson in November has traced the origin of the positive test to a one-time treatment for an undisclosed medical situation.

"This information has now been communicated and independently confirmed by the chief of medicine at Suburban Hospital (Johns Hopkins) and its chief of endocrinology and included within a report that will be submitted to VADA and the Nevada commission," Fried said.

Schaefer said that once the commission receives the report from the Peterson camp, it will rule on whether there will be a fight.
            Whether it's a bull**** excuse or not, it kind of sounds like they're getting their way and the fight will continue. My question is this: if he's going to claim he was given synthetic testosterone for a medical issue in November, would it actually still be present in his system in March? Sounds unlikely but I'm not a doctor.
            Last edited by samouraï; 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Disappointing

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN, "Based on the positive test and his admission, and the NSAC's past history, it is unlikely that Peterson will be licensed for the fight."

(see Rafael's "Exec: Lamont Peterson admits pellets" published on ESPN 8 May 2012)

Comment

• Lems latest:

" NSAC has a letter from Peterson's camp saying testosterone treatment was justified and strictly for medical concerns"

Interested to see how this plays out

Comment

• oh here it goes

Comment

• Originally posted by komodo View Post
                    The guy failed his A sample in March and his B sample in April, now people are questioning if Lamont knew he was being tested how could he be so stupid?

Simple repeat offenders get sloppy. He must have surely got away with it in the past otherwise there would be no way you'd start a cycle of test knowing you'd be tested.
                    I think the original sample was split in half, A and B. They test A and if that comes in positive then they test B to validate it in front of witnesses including the athlete's representation.

Comment

• Mayweather had a funny look in his face when a journalist asked if he knew anything about testosterone therapy.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                      X