Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Hopkins appear to be so emotional after the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
    Nicely put, and I believe that happens to everyone once in their life, but for Hopkins I think it goes farther than that. He always has had that put towards him and thats his motivation to keep fighting and proving the boxing world wrong. BHop an ATG, no doubt about it...
    Your right I didn't even really think about that and know you mention it, I can see how it's even more emotional for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
      Right after the final bell, Hopkins stood over the ropes and stared down the media. His lip was quivering and he appeared to be holding back tears and any emotional facial expressions. What could he have been thinking about?
      yeah i saw that, i was like, hopkins is holding back tears it looks like, it's an emotional moment if you really look at it, basically the whole world saying that you're washed up and that the young kid is going to be the first to stop you this and that, the betting odds we're against you, there has to be a rush of emotions knowing that they couldn't take anything away from your performance, no one could deny the excellence that was displayed in the ring no matter how much they wanted to. i've seen fighters cry in a win with much less on it than this fight.

Comment

Yeh,Hopkins was emotional after the fight,he stood there a long time,tears appeared to be rolling down his face,a great boxing moment

I thought Hopkins could win,hes hard to hit,and is very good defensivly,i knew he had a great chance,but win EVERY round? He beat the undisputed middleweight champ,the #1 middleweight,who was kinda becoming the new face of boxing,undefeated,young and one of the most devastating punchers in boxing

Hopkins put on a masterclass that will go down in history,he proved yesterday,hes one of the greatest fighters to ever fight

Comment

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
          Yeh,Hopkins was emotional after the fight,he stood there a long time,tears appeared to be rolling down his face,a great boxing moment

I thought Hopkins could win,hes hard to hit,and is very good defensivly,i knew he had a great chance,but win EVERY round? He beat the undisputed middleweight champ,the #1 middleweight,who was kinda becoming the new face of boxing,undefeated,young and one of the most devastating punchers in boxing

Hopkins put on a masterclass that will go down in history,he proved yesterday,hes one of the greatest fighters to ever fight
          Was he actually crying, I didn't notice that, I'll have to watch it again tonight. He looked like he was trying his hardest to not show emotion.

Comment

I don't think tears came down but I could see his face was close to breakin up. He was really trying not to break down.

Comment

I hear people saying that B-Hop winning was "bad for boxing" but I can't even understand that line of thinking. B-Hop, still fighting at 43 out of love for the sport, beating Kelly in that fashion...IS boxing. Only Hopkins knows what he is capable of, and I think he truly feels robbed and **** on for the second decision loss to Taylor and the loss to Calzaghe. He turned boxing upside down last night and just wow...****. That was one of the best fights I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                he just went from hall of famer to a boxing god..that performance will never be forgotten he just went to a level few boxers will ever go
                thats it bro

When the press boldly predicted this kid to KO Hopkins......I thought it was flat out disrespectful......how do you predict someone to get stopped who's never been stopped in 50 plus fights with 20 years ring experience......I thought it was a slap in B-Hop's face.

Comment

Just watched it again, he was damn near close to breaking out in tears. He didn't though, he's a hard man. What a story; coming back from spending six years in the pen to becoming one of the best fighters in the history of the sport. He's a first ballot HOF lock and an ATG IMO. The perfect way to leave the sport would be his 50th win and revenge against Roy Jones (let's hope Roy beats Joe).

Comment

Working...
                  X