No announcement yet.

Just rewatched May vs Castillo 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Floyd thinks of himself as invincible now, as he knows he lost that fight, yet still won. Floyd thinks he can do no wrong now.

But in reality he didnt even deserve a draw, yet won?
    That fight was close. Mayweather could lost, it could have been a draw, and Castillo would have lost.

I'm sort of curious in knowing how long you've actually watched boxing and how many of Floyd's and Manny's fights you've actually watched throughout their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      That fight was close. Mayweather could lost, it could have been a draw, and Castillo would have lost.

I'm sort of curious in knowing how long you've actually watched boxing and how many of Floyd's and Manny's fights you've actually watched throughout their careers.
      Dont want to divulge too much about myself. IM just answering the thread title. Floyd didnt deserve a draw yet won?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Dont want to divulge too much about myself. IM just answering the thread title. Floyd didnt deserve a draw yet won?
        I am just saying, you come off as someone who hasn't watched all that much.

The fact that the judges gave Mayweather the early rounds, which he did win, probably factored into the decision. It's hard to overcome being down 4-1 or 5-0 in a fight, but I thought Castillo did enough to deserve the win down the stretch and in the middle rounds. It was close.

It's funny that you say that about Floyd, when a very solid argument could be made that Manny Pacquiao has never beaten Marquez.

So, I will resort to what most Floyd haters and Manny lovers say when people tell them that Manny never really beat Marquez........on record he's 2-0-1 against Marquez. And Mayweather is 2-0 against Castillo.

To you, Floyd has a bad resume, is overrated, got help to beat Hatton, and all things in between. It's insane to be honest, how far your bias hate on Floyd goes. I still suspect that you are bitter that Ricky Hatton got KO'd by Floyd.

Comment

Hugh Grant is one of the most insightful posters on here.

Comment

I just rewatched the fight and scored the first 4 rounds for mayweather, rds 5,6,7 castillo. Round 8 was even 9-9 castillo deducted 1 point. Round 9 for Floyd. Round 10 was a 10-8 for castillo, Floyd deducted 1 point and loosing the round. Rounds 11,12 for castillo.
            114 Castiillo - 112 mayweather. Lampley, foreman, and lederman all had castillo winning. There you go boys that my observation.

Comment

JLC started way to late in that fight, five of the first six favored Floyd and really you could give him all 6, they started getting closer around 5 but JLC didn't really come on until the last half and the last half was closer than the first half.

JLC came on and if the fight went on he was in good position but there just wasn't enough fight for him to turn that into a win.

Comment

I had Castillo winning. Lol at the 116-111 scorecard.

Comment

Didn't Floyd hurt his shoulder in training and still went into the fight....also he gave Castillo an immediate rematch and erased any doubt in my mind

Comment

Working...
                  X