No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Hopes To Make a Big Splash on Terrestrial TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale Hopes To Make a Big Splash on Terrestrial TV

JAMES DEGALE hopes his return to terrestrial TV ­tonight will make him a small screen sensation.

European super-middleweight champion DeGale’s title ­defence against French No.1 Hadiliah ­Mohoumadi will be screened live on Channel 5.

And he believes that will give his image just the boost it needs.

[Click Here To Read More]

Degale will never recover from how he acted inthe build up to the Groves fight. Horrible personallity, not a very nice guy. Thats the difference. He can box but he's a piece of **** of a guy. Fact. Bullying ****head, hope Froch gets him before Eybank Jn

Comment

Big fish make a big splash.

They also flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkdogg View Post
        Degale will never recover from how he acted inthe build up to the Groves fight. Horrible personallity, not a very nice guy. Thats the difference. He can box but he's a piece of **** of a guy. Fact. Bullying ****head, hope Froch gets him before Eybank Jn
        Pffff, he's not a bully. Groves never got his jimmies rustled and coped fine with all the talk. DeGale was just acting up to the camera a little. There was no bullying. Many worse things have been said and done in the build up to a boxing match.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Comment

I'm a boxing fan and I didn't even know it was on. Must have been marketed well...

Comment

Originally posted by Milkdogg View Post
            That's a little bit over the top. Although I agree he was a massive bellend in the lead up to the Groves fight and he must never do that again if he wants to be taken seriously by anything more than a minority of boxing fans. I have met James and he is a surprisingly good bloke (and I say that as a big Groves fan), he needs to just be himself and let his Boxing ability do the talking. Whoever it was that encouraged him to act that way before the Groves fight should probably be sacked, he lacks the intelligence, wits and charisma to play the Floyd Mayweather/Prince Naseem card.

James must be one of the most talented boxers in the sport, he can still be popular if he stops acting like a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
              Whoever it was that encouraged him to act that way before the Groves fight should probably be sacked, he lacks the intelligence, wits and charisma to play the Floyd Mayweather/Prince Naseem card.

James must be one of the most talented boxers in the sport, he can still be popular if he stops acting like a dick.
              Prince naseem had intelligence, wit and charisma? could have fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                Prince naseem had intelligence, wit and charisma? could have fooled me.
                sorry, I mistyped that. I meant to say 'or' rather than 'and'. I wasn't implying he had all three, just saying you need to have one of those to get away with saying the sort of **** Degale was spouting before the Groves fight. Hamed was boorish and arrogant but he got away with it because he had that glint in his eye, he had natural charisma.

David Haye is another example. He has said some shocking things about gang rapes and executions, way worse than anything Degale has said. Hell, he's ****ing glassed a dude and still got away with it. That is charisma at work. David Haye can be a charming man when necessary, whereas James Degale has all the charm of a mass grave.

Ultimately though, there's a 4th and very important factor here, that Haye and Hamed actually achieved stuff in the ring. Degale hasn't done dick yet, so he just comes across as a total gob****e.

Comment

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
                  sorry, I mistyped that. I meant to say 'or' rather than 'and'. I wasn't implying he had all three, just saying you need to have one of those to get away with saying the sort of **** Degale was spouting before the Groves fight. Hamed was boorish and arrogant but he got away with it because he had that glint in his eye, he had natural charisma.

David Haye is another example. He has said some shocking things about gang rapes and executions, way worse than anything Degale has said. Hell, he's ****ing glassed a dude and still got away with it. That is charisma at work. David Haye can be a charming man when necessary, whereas James Degale has all the charm of a mass grave.

Ultimately though, there's a 4th and very important factor here, that Haye and Hamed actually achieved stuff in the ring. Degale hasn't done dick yet, so he just comes across as a total gob****e.
                  Can't say I agree. Haye and naseem both seem like complete tossers. The only difference with them is that they're famous. David haye has his little bum boy fans following him around and some fools seem to idolise naseem but in no way are they charismatic. It's all the allure of having wide public recognition. If it weren't for their publicists no one would give a shit about either.

Carl froch, johnny nelson, carson jones, michael watson and countless other boxers have more charisma then either of those two wankers it's just that when froch wins a world title he's lucky to get 2 sentences dedicated to the achievement in a newspaper while haye spends his time whoring himself out on celebrity quiz shows. Lets not pretend he's paul newman or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X