Collapse
No announcement yet.

which one is more DEAD: BOXING, HIPHOP, ROCK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know much bout mainstream rock or anything but if its anything like hardcore, probably going downhill or trying to reinvent itself and isnt doing too well. Very few enjoyable and worthwhile bands out there.

Rap/hiphop is meh to me right now. I've been tracing back older stuff to really dig it. As of right now though? I don't know how to feel about it. It still stands a chance though.

Boxing doesnt seem half as exciting the past decade as it did in the 90s or ANYWHERE close to the 80s. Nevermind the 70s, no comparison. Do I think its dead? No, it is close though. With MMA and lack of super star boxers. Or should I say the quality of superstar boxers?

My vote: Boxing. Seems to be the thing I hear about the least unless I bring it up or look for it.

Comment

hip hop is dead, it's just pop and rap now, it's a job/business, not a lifestyle like it used to be, the life style has been subverted to this pop culture commercialized and over sold marketing trend and is no longer for the people of the people.

rock will always be around, rap will always be around, boxing will always be around.

and only a small community of diehards will keep hip hop alive, but it's been long gone for a while now, only the true hip hop heads are few and far between and are now on the fringe, because, the commercial pop culture has squeezed them out.

real hip hop gets no media attention, no radio play. ever since tupac and biggie, hip hop died, no one was speaking out for the people, you got guys coming in like jayz, although talented, him and his ilk only rap about material things and status, not about politics or real issues, again, for the people of the people, and if they do rap about anything with an issue in it, its either just lip service or its there for persuasion...

and don't think that when i say hip hop is a lifestyle it revolves around clothes, what you say, or wear, or who you hang out with, it's about how you conduct yourself and how you operate in and about your business, and if you function within the four elements of hip hop. living the hip hop lifestyle is standing up for rights and freedoms, being a revolutionary against tyranny and injustices, no matter color or economic status. it's about community and economic sovereignty so you and the community can actually have a voice in the everyday dealings of politics and the like.

remember, hip hop was the about the voice of the unheard, a voice for the pushed aside, and was about the people............. look at what they call hip hop today, it is nothing even close to how it really was.

nowhere ever in hip hop was it about pimping *****es, smacking ho's, being ******edly stupid with your cash, bling and flash; thats all it is today....... oh and they try and sell you stuff now in hip hop, clothes, alcohol, cars, jewelry,etc....... that aint hip hop........
      Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-05-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
        hip hop is dead, it's just pop and rap now, it's a job/business, not a lifestyle like it used to be, the life style has been subverted to this pop culture commercialized and over sold marketing trend and is no longer for the people of the people.

rock will always be around, rap will always be around, boxing will always be around.

and only a small community of diehards will keep hip hop alive, but it's been long gone for a while now, only the true hip hop heads are few and far between and are now on the fringe, because, the commercial pop culture has squeezed them out.

real hip hop gets no media attention, no radio play. ever since tupac and biggie, hip hop died, no one was speaking out for the people, you got guys coming in like jayz, although talented, him and his ilk only rap about material things and status, not about politics or real issues, again, for the people of the people, and if they do rap about anything with an issue in it, its either just li service or its there for persuasion...

and don't think that when i say hip hop is a lifestyle it revolves around clothes, what you say, or wear, or who you hang out with, it's about how you conduct yourself and how you operate in and about your business, and if you function within the four elements of hip hop. living the hip hop lifestyle is standing up for rights and freedoms, being a revolutionary against tyranny and injustices, no matter color or economic status. it's about community and economic sovereignty so you and the community can actually have a voice in the everyday dealings of politics and the like.

remember, hip hop was the about the voice of the unheard, a voice for the pushed aside, and was about the people............. look at what they call hip hop today, it is nothing even close to how it really was.

nowhere ever in hip hop was it about pimping *****es, smacking ho's, being ******edly stupid with your cash, bling and flash; thats all it is today....... oh and they try and sell you stuff now in hip hop, clothes, alcohol, cars, jewelry,etc....... that aint hip hop........

lil b revived hip hop

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Richards View Post
          lil b revived hip hop
          hahahahah, man, how sad..... funny post.

Comment

@ keith richards, great gif, dude pulled off his axe to hit old boy with it then to strap it back on to finish the song like nothing ever happened, thats classic.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
              @ keith richards, great gif, dude pulled off his axe to hit old boy with it then to strap it back on to finish the song like nothing ever happened, thats classic.

keith is bada$$

Comment

i think it's naive to say that hip hop is dead,

sure the quality has dumbed down quite considerably (gucci mane, soulja boy, wacka flocka, "enter ****ty rapper here", etc.)

though it is harder to find, there's a good number lying around.

and it all just depends on your preference of music really,,

and as for BOXING, it's been "dying" for as far as boxing years can go

it's still around and doing fine (maybe not in the US).

but 2011 is looking promising,,
                Last edited by Deep Blue 1997; 01-05-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

boxing and hip hop for the tie.

music in general is pretty dead.

Comment

boxing is dead in the mainstream but it will always be around.

hip hop is dead in the mainstream, its underground now. mainstream pop rap is doing good.

Comment

Working...
                    X