Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Ward-Dawson. Weight wouldnt make a difference.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the weight being a factor was obvious you're biased or never seen Dawson fight if you see it differently

and I would hardly say Ward outclassed him

Comment

No ****,people just looking for excuses for Chad "get me out of here" Dawson quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
        Ward completely neutralized Dawson's jab, which is his best weapon, controlled him in the middle of the ring and outclassed him on the inside.

So there's nothing chad could do in the middle of the ring, nothing on the inside, no matter what the weight its always going to be inevitable that ward would break him down.
        That wasn't Chad in there, that was Chad a shell of his former self, not only was Dawson weight drained, his skills continue to decline because of constantly switching trainers.

Read this topic.
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Scully

#1Assassin explains how Scully is making Dawson fight completely wrong. The only hope for Dawson is that Scully recognizes Dawson's mistakes (and his own) and fixes it. Scully is not a bad trainer, it's just that he doesn't have experience training boxers in championship fights. Ward was a 3-1 favorite from the get go, because no one was impressed by Chad's performance against Hopkins.

I think Dawson would have eventually lost, even if he didn't fight Ward. At least the excuse for losing to Ward was that he was weight drained. It was strange that he agreed to all of Ward's demands.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-24-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I think the weight did make a big difference in Chad's performance, but he would have still lost wide even at 175 for the reasons you mentioned. Chad had slight success when he came forward and decided to attack, but the problem was his punch resistance at the weight.

That doesn't mean Ward still wouldn't have took away his jab and schooled him throughout the fight. When I saw Dawson pin Ward against the ropes and Ward responded by hitting him with a barrage of uppercuts, I knew it was a wrap. Ward is just too smart for him.

Comment

Working...
          X